Reaction score
Is a 72.6% failure rate bad?

What are we comparing it to?

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think that if somebody is able beat highly trained martial artist who is in excellent shape and ready to fight 54,8% times that's really good result.
I think that if somebody is able to repel attacks of highly trained martial artist who is in excellent shape and ready to fight 45,2 % times that's really good result too.
54,8 % + 45,2% = 100 %.
MMA works 100% times.
Quod erat demonstrandum ;)

You're still missing everyone who got KO'd, TKO'd, or submitted. Even if you count "going the distance" as a success, there's still a failure rate of 27.4%.

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
You're still missing everyone who got KO'd, TKO'd, or submitted. Even if you count "going the distance" as a success, there's still a failure rate of 27.4%.

Maybe you are natural born fighter, but for sure you are not natural born mathematician.

OP
skribs

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Maybe you are natural born fighter, but for sure you are not natural born mathematician.

Everyone who's criticizing my math is missing a huge variable. My math is perfect. Everyone who is criticizing my math is just trying to sound smarter than me, and failing miserably at it.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If we are talking self defense, the idea being to live through the day, it's % effective.

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
Or it works 100% of the time because both fighters are successfully using MMA each time they fight (win or lose). The percentage might go down if one or more MMA fighters accidentally used Tai Chi instead.

D

Deleted member 39746

Or it works 100% of the time because both fighters are successfully using MMA each time they fight (win or lose). The percentage might go down if one or more MMA fighters accidentally used Tai Chi instead.

That is probbly the most apt assessment of it. Going to decision doesnt mean they didnt win by using MMA, it means they didnt win via a immediate ceasure of the bout.

Also, im pretty sure there is more than just the UFC that does MMA, last i recall there are several MMA promotions. So to be truely accurate in this, you need to tally them up as well. Obviously i am ignoring the literal meaning of MMA meaing if you use two or more styles, irrelivent how much you are performing mixed martial arts and are a mixed martial artist. I would go as far to say if you have done more than one, as the dymanics of memory etc means you probbly will use it indescrimately.

Edit: And is this including or discluding the human element of if a ref thinks something is a tap out and stops the round, or basically screws up. Or if everyone universally agrees the call was a sham, or there were potetional bribery etc going on. These things can muddle statstics.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Haven't seen so many people fall for such an obvious trollpost/jest in a while.

Heck, I'll fall for anything here. When I'm working I know whatever most are telling me are either out and out lies, or some bastardization of half truths.

But here....oh, man am I easy. Anybody got a bridge for sale?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Heck, I'll fall for anything here. When I'm working I know whatever most are telling me are either out and out lies, or some bastardization of half truths.

But here....oh, man am I easy. Anybody got a bridge for sale?
have I got a bridge for you... Low miles.

Latest Discussions