Two Steps from Hell.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just WOW then WOW again!

I'm not into football much but my other half has been watching the Euro Cup and every time the teams came on it was to the same music, I knew it was from a film but couldn't place it so looked it up. It's 'From Voyage of the Dawn Treader' by Two Steps from Hell, I went on to You Tube to check that was correct and wow what I found by Two Steps from Hell blew me away, they've also done the music for The Spartans as well as a lot of other films. It's real heroic, 'let me at em' music so I'm now blissfully listening on headphones while other half watches the footie!
this is 'Heart of Courage' from 'Voyage of the Dawn Treader'.

'Protectors of the Earth'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASj81daun5Q&feature=fvwrel

'Black Blade'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjHSEzoMrSI&feature=related

There's got to be a kata that I can fit to their pieces. preferably a weapons one!

Last edited by a moderator:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, I thought 'that sounds like World of Warcraft' the soundtrack is very similar in feel, when I saw 'The Lich King' in the 2nd video! :lol:

Thanks Tez! Awesome sound!

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't know that I could support the movies or the group's name, but the music is sure easy to listen to. Thanks for the link.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know that I could support the movies or the group's name, but the music is sure easy to listen to. Thanks for the link.

I think Voyage of the Dawn Treader which is from the children's book in the Narnia series is fairly innocent, they've also written music for the Star Trek trailers, that's where' Freedom Fighters' comes from and Wall E trailer too.

'Two Steps From Hell was formed on 14 February 2006. In addition to Star Trek, their music has been used in trailers and television spots for such films as Blood Diamond, No Country for Old Men, National Treasure: Book of Shadows, I Am Legend, The Da Vinci Code, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, X-Men: The Last Stand, Spider-Man 3, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Hellboy II: The Golden Army, WALL•E, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, The Dark Knight, Twilight, and Watchmen. '

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Two_Steps_From_Hell

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Alright Tez3, go ahead, make me look like I don't know what I am talking about and see if I care. :uhyeah:

Actually, I am impressed. I didn't realize they had been involved with all those movies. Some of them I have seen, others may wish to, and of course, some I would not want to see. The music would seem to be good no matter. Just got to wonder where they got the name?

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright Tez3, go ahead, make me look like I don't know what I am talking about and see if I care. :uhyeah:

Actually, I am impressed. I didn't realize they had been involved with all those movies. Some of them I have seen, others may wish to, and of course, some I would not want to see. The music would seem to be good no matter. Just got to wonder where they got the name?

Naw, I've just got that thing where you have to tell everyone about something you've found! Like a kid with a new toy!

Perhaps as it'a colloboration between two composers rather than a group means they are always having artistic differences and so are a couple of steps from hell? Unless they live in a bad place lol!

Latest Discussions