Two on a lighter note

hardheadjarhead

Senior Master
Reaction score
The first story is true, the second...eh, not so much.

From the Washington Post:

November 10, 2004 -- SEN. Zell Miller (D- Ga.) laced into New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd yesterday on the "Imus in the Morning" radio show, saying, "The more Maureen Loud [sic] gets on 'Meet the Press' and writes those col umns, the redder these states get. I mean, they don't want some high brow hussy from New York City explaining to them that they're id iots and telling them that they're stupid." Miller also suggested "that red-headed woman at the New York Times" should not mock anyone's religion: "You can see horns just sprouting up through that Technicolor hair."

Dowd responds: "I'm not a highbrow hussy from New York. I'm a highbrow hussy from Washington. Senator, pistols or swords?"

From Skewpoint:

http://bobsfridge.com/skew_11_05.htm

Christian evangelicals, a key component to Bush’s reelection, are alarmed that the president is talking about spending his capital on a “man date.” “For the president, who owes us for remaining in office, to even think about a social engagement with a homosexual is unconscionable,” said an evangelical activist.

The White House has been flooded with emails and phone calls demanding that Bush denounce his remarks and immediately propose a constitutional amendment banning dates between males.

An advisor to the president, who asked to remain anonymous fearing eternal damnation, said that senior political advisor Karl Rove may not realize what he has wrought. “Sure it was clever of him to motivate the Christian right to the polls but now if he doesn’t follow their orders, he’ll have a holy mess on his hands,” he said.

Regards,

Steve

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
HAH! Comedy. :ultracool

Tell me, though, is that 'man date' thing for real??

Latest Discussions