Twirling Sacrifice in a movie (not technical)

B

brianhunter

I bought the Blade II DVD the other night and when its getting the big finally (after blade comes out of the blood bath) One of the thugs attacking him gets something alot like twirling sacrifice then tossed over the balcony...anyways I thought it was cool but the fight scenes where very good. Its worth seeing

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by brianhunter

I bought the Blade II DVD the other night and when its getting the big finally (after blade comes out of the blood bath) One of the thugs attacking him gets something alot like twirling sacrifice then tossed over the balcony...anyways I thought it was cool but the fight scenes where very good. Its worth seeing

When I went to see that at the pictures I remember spotting about 3 or 4 kenpo techniques (or very close), but I've not managed to see it again yet to have a closer look. I'm pretty sure they were in there though, maybe there was a kenpo guy on the fight team...?

Also, has anyone watched 'The Bourne Identity'? There's some very kenpo like moves in that, although it was harder to put my finger on exactly what than it was with Blade ][, just the style I guess.

Ian.

kenpo_cory

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, Wesley Snipes had a personal bodyguard that was a high ranking black belt in kenpo at one time, can't remember the guys name though. Anyway, I guess they used to train together.

OP
W

WilliamTLear

Originally posted by KENPO_CORY

Yeah, Wesley Snipes had a personal bodyguard that was a high ranking black belt in kenpo at one time, can't remember the guys name though. Anyway, I guess they used to train together.

Mr. Steve Muhammed, formerly known as Steve Sanders was the bodygaurds name. A 10th Degree Black Belt, and founder of the Black Karate Federation.

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by KENPO_CORY

Steve Mohammed:asian:

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by WilliamTLear

Mr. Steve Muhammed, formerly known as Steve Sanders was the bodygaurds name. A 10th Degree Black Belt, and founder of the Black Karate Federation.

You suck! Only mere seconds before my post, you reply, and with
MORE info! sheesh! :)

OP
B

brianhunter

you can pick apart several things in the final fight scene that are pretty close to kenpo techniques! Im gonna end up wearing a spot out in that part of my DVD if I keep watching it too much!

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by WilliamTLear

Is there any more info on this somewhere?
Did Mr. Snipes actually study with Mr. Sanders?
:asian:

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
yeah, The Bourne Identity, Damon studied Kali.

As for Blade II, Broken Ram was very near the beginning of the movie. it was when he was in the hall and he was spearing everyone with the spikes. other than that one, I didn't see anything else.

Latest Discussions