TSD/TKD/Karate

K

Koga-Shinobi

Heya all, to a beginner MAist, I wonder if someone can try help me understand the differences in style between TSD, TKD and karate. I've heard they're all pretty simialr, specially the kicking aspects. WHat're the differences/similarities??

I'm not familiar at all with the Korean MA's so if anyone wishes to shed some info, views on TSD (just discovered a club in the area - unfortunately havent had time to get around there and speak to them about it), please do so, I'd really appreciate it!

:) :) :)

OP
M

MartialArtist

TSD is less commercialized where you're from than TKD and karate.

But, in their true form, both focus on arm and leg techniques. TKD in general has a wider array of kicks than certain karate styles.

From what I see, TKD uses a lot of footwork that can be associated with boxing. Karate probably has them too.

Certain differences in EACH school, commercialized or not, is that

1. Korean linguistics vs. Japanese
2. Forms

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The terms are very general. For example TKD, there are three different Organzations that I know of and probably more. But ATA TKD is very different from say WTF TKD. Okinawan Karate has some difference to Japanese Karate. There are things that are similar, but they are not exactly the same thing. TSD comes from Japanese Shorin ryu karate.
Bob:asian:

Latest Discussions