TRIGONDO - new martial art against multiple attackers. NEW NEW

Status
Not open for further replies.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just another red Herring o_O

Not a red herring. And it is not trolling

If the video is old. Then it doesn't prove what the poster is trying to say.

That is just basic fact checking. Which is being a productive member.

Now having a look. Marines probably do still use and train bayonets. That's fine. There are better ways to make that counter argument. Than whatever this is.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So I googled whether "are marines given bayonets?" Because honestly I hadn't any idea those were still a thing. The first search result says that there's a bayonet assault training course all marines take, but that's from 2014. The second result is this, from less than a year ago, explaining why they're still a thing. The next few results all state that the marines use bayonets.

I honestly was expecting the answer to be no, that they've been replaced with easily accessible knives or brass knuckles, but apparently they're still in use, or at least trained, by the marines.

Yeah. I had read somewhere they had stopped doing the course. But apparently no.

This is the army which of course is different.

Last edited:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now the problem with scenario driven exercises like that one the MMA fighters did is that it is set up with a script in mind. And so can be manufactured to make a point.

This means it is not a really real test of objectives. It is a marketing exercise.

I have seen krav do this from time to time. Get a guy to run a course have a half dozen guys to maul them. Get a krav guy to do the course and suddenly he clears the room.

It is snake oil in that particular instance. And is a very poor way to support a point.

If you want to make a case for a multiple opponent style system you have to back it up against guys you don't know who are really invested in getting you.

Otherwise there is no real case for that system. And you are better off using a system that can support itself based on its own merits.

At 5 minute's in.

It goes from stab and wait to sewing machine.

Last edited:

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Why are you posting old videos? That first one looks like a 1st gent M16 from The Vietnam War, lol.
Why am I posting old videos? Well, its very simple actually.... and I thought it would be obvious... especially to someone who knows the entire back story of the UFC fighters going to visit the Marines. The first video was of those UFC fighters visiting the Marines... where the Marines used bayonets in there training, at the time the UFC guys visited them. Further, it showed that some of the weapons used when the UFC fighters went against the Marines were in fact, bayonet training weapons...

The second video was of other Marines also training with bayonets, sorry that it was not from 2022. The point has since been made here, that the Marines do still train with bayonets.

So, since bayonets are trained by the Marines still, and since bayonets were used by the Marines when the UFC guys visited them, and since bayonet trainers were used by and against the UFC fighters when they fought the Marines... my comments mentioning the use of bayonets were not so out of line.

And why don't you recognize the exact video we were talking about, where the UFC fighters went to visit the Marines? You claim to be an expert on that video, yet you did not recognize it when you saw it...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not a red herring. And it is not trolling

If the video is old. Then it doesn't prove what the poster is trying to say.

That is just basic fact checking. Which is being a productive member.

Now having a look. Marines probably do still use and train bayonets. That's fine. There are better ways to make that counter argument. Than whatever this is.
Drop Bear,
Back up to a previous comment where he told me and others that he was right as they and him had STREET cred.
I challenged is street cred.
He never answered.
He changes the subject attacked me.
Those are trolling behaviors.

If he doesn't want to be labeled as a troll then don't act like one

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Drop Bear,
Back up to a previous comment where he told me and others that he was right as they and him had STREET cred.
I challenged is street cred.
He never answered.
He changes the subject attacked me.
Those are trolling behaviors.

If he doesn't want to be labeled as a troll then don't act like one

You challenged his street cred?

On the internet?

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
You appealed to authority with an appeal to streets
You have never addressed that.
So , if the appeal was wrong, then admit it and acknowledge your point there was not valid.
If your appeal was correct then acknowledge that my Street was greater than your street and therefor my point was better than your point.

Or you could just be a productive member, ask questions that are not like a troll.
Stop your standard red herring and change of topic to change the view from you.
Discuss the topic at hand. And for the thread in particular.

And yes be at peace and Have a Nice Day. - As that seems to make one angry in your mind.

How did I change the subject? He said "Marines training with... you guessed it, bayonets", in his own post where he linked that UFC Fighters vs. Marines, video.

It was his topic that I refuted.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How did I change the subject? He said "Marines training with... you guessed it, bayonets", in his own post where he linked that UFC Fighters vs. Marines, video.

You wrote :
1647448018657.png

I wrote:
1647448045040.png

Then you wrote:
1647448096294.png

You cannot appeal to Authority "The streets" in one post and then say it is bad in the next post.

You also wrote:
1647448162907.png

So besides saying street **** is cool, and then it is not and implying I suck for where I live, you then say I am mad.
I never called you a name.
I never implied you were bad.
I never said anything about you personally.
I asked about your experience in Street since it mattered to you.

And then you ASSUMED I was mad.
For trying to have a conversation.
And instead you state I am reacting to you poorly, (* which is a troll behavior to get others to also see people in that light *) and demeaned the thing you were just praising and implying I could or should have done better .

Your trolling people here in my opinion.
If you can imply or state things about me I can do the same about you.

Correct?

So either Street doesn't matter and you consider the point of the piece of the argument is moot, or you can answer the questions I asked you?
As you are asking others to answer your questions.

Why would anyone answer a question for you if you refuse , then why can't others also refuse or just change the topic?

PS: If you wish to report my posts, which could generate a complete review of this post thread and this complete thread I am cool with any lumps the wonder staff wishes to provide me.

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
Why am I posting old videos? Well, its very simple actually.... and I thought it would be obvious... especially to someone who knows the entire back story of the UFC fighters going to visit the Marines. The first video was of those UFC fighters visiting the Marines... where the Marines used bayonets in there training, at the time the UFC guys visited them. Further, it showed that some of the weapons used when the UFC fighters went against the Marines were in fact, bayonet training weapons...

The second video was of other Marines also training with bayonets, sorry that it was not from 2022. The point has since been made here, that the Marines do still train with bayonets.

So, since bayonets are trained by the Marines still, and since bayonets were used by the Marines when the UFC guys visited them, and since bayonet trainers were used by and against the UFC fighters when they fought the Marines... my comments mentioning the use of bayonets were not so out of line.

And why don't you recognize the exact video we were talking about, where the UFC fighters went to visit the Marines? You claim to be an expert on that video, yet you did not recognize it when you saw it...

Haha no, you were trying to prove that UFC Fighters didn't know how to fight 1 on 2 w/your posting of that UFC vs Marines video; w/o knowing the full back story of that video so I merely educated you on it.

For someone who claims that your Trigondor style is supposed to be based on so much realism; your choice of videos (in trying to further your position) is pretty silly. I mean, why would 2 Marines not just shoot at a guy coming at them with a rifle? Or did all 3 of them run out of ammo or something?

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
You wrote :
View attachment 28207
I wrote:
View attachment 28208

Then you wrote:
View attachment 28209

You cannot appeal to Authority "The streets" in one post and then say it is bad in the next post.

You also wrote:
View attachment 28210

So besides saying street **** is cool, and then it is not and implying I suck for where I live, you then say I am mad.
I never called you a name.
I never implied you were bad.
I never said anything about you personally.
I asked about your experience in Street since it mattered to you.

And then you ASSUMED I was mad.
For trying to have a conversation.
And instead you state I am reacting to you poorly, (* which is a troll behavior to get others to also see people in that light *) and demeaned the thing you were just praising and implying I could or should have done better .

Your trolling people here in my opinion.
If you can imply or state things about me I can do the same about you.

Correct?

So either Street doesn't matter and you consider the point of the piece of the argument is moot, or you can answer the questions I asked you?
As you are asking others to answer your questions.

Why would anyone answer a question for you if you refuse , then why can't others also refuse or just change the topic?

PS: If you wish to report my posts, which could generate a complete review of this post thread and this complete thread I am cool with any lumps the wonder staff wishes to provide me.

Can you sum that up please?

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Interestingly, it is that video, of the UFC fighters going to train with the Marines, which shows the Marines training with bayonets... and the UFC fighters being offered bayonet trainers to use on the trail. You then called that an old video that was out of context.... sorry dude, that was the video of the UFC fighters training with the Marines, using... you guessed it, bayonets. It calls into question how much you really know about the UFC Fighters visiting the Marines... first you don't know that the Marines were using bayonets, as were the UFC fighters and secondly, you don't even recognize the video from the event.
For someone who claims that your Trigondor style is supposed to be based on so much realism; your choice of videos (in trying to further your position) is pretty silly.
Sorry. I am not the OP nor the founder or even a student of Trigondo. However, the Trigondo founder posted videos of what he considered real life multiple attacker scenarios... Your video was no different than his. Both videos showed the attackers waiting their turn, so that the defender only had one person to deal with at a time and both videos showed the attackers refusing to attack from behind.

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
Interestingly, it is that video, of the UFC fighters going to train with the Marines, which shows the Marines training with bayonets... and the UFC fighters being offered bayonet trainers to use on the trail. You then called that an old video that was out of context.... sorry dude, that was the video of the UFC fighters training with the Marines, using... you guessed it, bayonets. It calls into question how much you really know about the UFC Fighters visiting the Marines... first you don't know that the Marines were using bayonets, as were the UFC fighters and secondly, you don't even recognize the video from the event.

Once again, that was a Marines promo videos, meant to make the Marines look good & recruit bodies for America's unending wars in the ME.

Sorry. I am not the OP nor the founder or even a student of Trigondo. However, the Trigondo founder posted videos of what he considered real life multiple attacker scenarios... Your video was no different than his. Both videos showed the attackers waiting their turn, so that the defender only had one person to deal with at a time and both videos showed the attackers refusing to attack from behind.

Once again, you clearly don't spar vs. multiple opponents regularly enough to understand the dynamics involved.

Once again, the video I posted is a lot more realistic b/c it's actually students getting hit, not a choreography with multiple takes & edits.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Go ahead and post again to get the Last word
It is ok.
I know many who act like you are acting need to have the last word so they can feel like they won.
And so they can show all those who read this that they got the last word so their words must have been right / correct.

Go ahead. Please.
it is yours.

I grant you this.

Last edited:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thread locked pending staff review.

jks9199
Administrator