Tribute to our Troops

OP
J

Jill666

Every man's contribution makes the armed forces one link stronger. We need every link or the chain falls apart.

Last I heard, Bosnia wasn't exactly Cocomo- take care :asian:

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks for being there for others when they need your help and for doing what must be done in the interest of your country!

Salute!!
:asian:
Your Brother
John

OP
B

bahenlaura

No words necessary........

Attachments

• $the wall.jpg
    $the wall.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 142
OP
J

Jill666

Forgive me ripping it off in my sig-
it's an amazing pic.

Hey let me tell you about a man who died on 9/11, flying out of Logan for vacation. His name was Fred Rimmele, MD. He was a great doctor and a good man, (with the worst handwriting I have ever seen). He trained new doctors in a local clinic that took my patients (homeless mentally ill addicts all with criminal entanglements). He taught these new docs to treat my patients as humans who deserve good care. The new doctors learned about HIV, Hep C, TB, lice, STD's and how to deal with fear and aggression. My patients got treated with dignity.

I like to think he died suddenly, without pain or fear. I know that's not likely. His name was Fred, and he's one reason why the armed forces are gathering for our protection.

Thank you again, all veterans here, and averyone serving stateside and elsewhere.

OP
L

Les Sipes

Originally posted by kenpo3631
86th Medical Company (AA)
Eagle Base, Bosnia

"Witch Doctors"

I know it's not much but here I am in Bosnia. My dad is a Viet Nam vet though. U.S.M.C 1957-1968, 3 tours 57', 62', 63'.

Lance L. J. Soares
Flight Medic/Logistical NCO
Eagle Base, Bosnia
SFOR-13
My Bro', How and where you stand before
"the Man" is never "not much", We're proud of you, and hard as it may be to believe, for some of us "old schoolers", jealous. Thanks
for standing tall, and to your father, a big Welcome Home!

Les

OP
B

brianhunter

Someone had "never forgot" as their signature......it amazes me how fast the media and protestors so worried about "innocent lives" forgot we had a few thousand taken in an act of a coward.......too bad they didnt have to ask the UN before they boarded those planes.

OP
K

Kenpomachine

The USA is not exactly going to hit the people who get the September 11th, but "daddy's devil". There's another thread in the locker room about the war of Iraq.
And if you want my humble opinion, an opinion of someone who lives in a country with a terrorist organization, the president of the USA (and his advisors) are only fueling hate towards YOU, YOUR people and YOUR country, which will finally cause more grieve in both sides.
That's not the way to end with terrorism, man. And there's been car bombs in places were I usually go. I even went beside the wreck of a bomb 1/2 later than it exploded. In this same car bomb died a neighbour of a friend. Some of my friends are sons and daughters of military men, and almost all of them knew of someone who died because of the terrorists... Still, you have better ways to end with terrorism than more agression and violence, and a big part in it is taken the political support from them terrorists, which they sadly get from spanish people too :(

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Look....this thread is dedicated to our fighting men and women who represent their respective country, and have dedicated their lives to protect their land. This applies to US or abroad, in my opinion. These soldiers do not have a choice if a war is just or unjust, for they have made the vow to serve.

In this thread, these are the ones who we salute, those men and women who are putting their lives on the line.

This thread IS NOT a place to argue whether or not the war is just or not. If you want to express your political opinion regarding the war, this is the wrong thread to do it in. Please start a different thread to argue political views, or post on one of the already existing threads that addresses the issue.

So again I ask of you, please refrain from starting a political arguement on a thread that is ment as a tribute to soldiers.

Thank you.

Dun Ringill

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
HEY KENPOMACHINE:

SHUT THE HELL UP. THIS IS THE WRONG THREAD FOR YOUR HIPPIE VIEWS. THIS IS A TRIBUTE TO OUR TROOPS. THIS IS A TRIBUTE FOR THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR YOUR ASSININE OPINION. PAY TRIBUTE OR GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Relax. Your not helping. My post wasn't directed just towards KenpoMachine, but to anyone who is trying to make political statements on the wrong thread. BrianHunter did the same. Now, so are you.

If you want to call him a hippie, or challange his statement, then do it on another thread. Fine with me. Again, this is supposed to be a tribute to our soldiers.

Thank you.

OP
B

brianhunter

Originally posted by PAUL
Look....this thread is dedicated to our fighting men and women who represent their respective country, and have dedicated their lives to protect their land. This applies to US or abroad, in my opinion. These soldiers do not have a choice if a war is just or unjust, for they have made the vow to serve.

In this thread, these are the ones who we salute, those men and women who are putting their lives on the line.

This thread IS NOT a place to argue whether or not the war is just or not. If you want to express your political opinion regarding the war, this is the wrong thread to do it in. Please start a different thread to argue political views, or post on one of the already existing threads that addresses the issue.

So again I ask of you, please refrain from starting a political arguement on a thread that is ment as a tribute to soldiers.

Thank you.

Paul,

It was not meant to start an argument, I served our country, Im very much in love with this country and I always will be. Im very sorry you saw that as a means to provoke. It was more of a ponderance, misunderstood maybe, but no intent to cause a fight. If you doubt my intent feel free to PM me, one of the things that is very great about our country is uncensored speech. I feel there was no ill intent with my post and I am sorry you took it that way.

Still serving in one way or another,
Brian Hunter

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't doubt your intent at all; I'm sure it was good.

But, as you can see, although you didn't mean for it to provoke, some might misunderstand you and want to turn this into a political discussion. This would be the wrong place for it, as I am sure you agree.

I understand that there was no ill intention by you at all, though.

:) :asian:

OP
K

Kenpomachine

I apologize, I should have ended the message in the second line. My fault.

There was no disrespect towards the military, being them from the USA, or from any other place.

OP
L

Les Sipes

I can promise all of you, that there is no one, more annoyed at the differing opinion concerning our countries safety and/or its policies on the maintainance of freedom. I would love to enter a debate with someone about our military role in the world.
What I mean to say here is that regardless of our mixed views, there are individuals that also have opinions and views that must put them on hold, because they are in an position of maintaining our right to express those views. I sometimes wish that we could live in another country for 18 months in order to come back her and understand what we have.
That is just my perspective and I am thrilled to know I share it with many of my Kenpo family.
I will not cheapen the efforts of our servicemen and women by considering the ideas of those not appreciative of their sacrafice.
So, to all of you, current and veterans, HOOOAAH!!!

Les Sipes

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by kenpo3631
Eagle Base, Bosnia

"Witch Doctors"

I know it's not much but here I am in Bosnia. My dad is a Viet Nam vet though. U.S.M.C 1957-1968, 3 tours 57', 62', 63'.

Lance L. J. Soares
Flight Medic/Logistical NCO
Eagle Base, Bosnia
SFOR-13

Stand Tall Lance! Without Medics, war would be a lot uglier place. Having been one myself, you have at least one other person out here who is damned proud of you and damned proud to know you.

Take care,

Dan

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Sigung86
Stand Tall Lance! Without Medics, war would be a lot uglier place. Having been one myself, you have at least one other person out here who is damned proud of you and damned proud to know you.

Take care,

Dan

Here's one more

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sigung86

Take care,

Dan

Thanks Dan! I appreciate it

OP
I

IKCAMemberGary

...I received a call and a follow-up email from a law enforcement student of mine who is currently in Kuwait. I am very proud of that young man, he (as does everyone on the armed services) does our country proud by serving and answering the call to duty.

I have to admit that I have some worry, but he is well trained and knows the deal.

Billy, good job son!

Gary

Latest Discussions