Tribute to our Troops

L

Les Sipes

In prepareing for the honor of hosting the 1st Annual Pac. NW Reunion of Warriors, I am reflective in the fortunate position of welcoming some of the most prolific names in our art. It is new to me to be graced with names like Labounty, Sepulvida, White,
Conatser, Hebler, and I carry this as no small honor. These names as well as Dr. Crimi, Alan Henderson, and John Smith will guarantee a sweet learning experience for all attending. I am looking forward to meeting all of the Kenpo bro's and sisters coming.
However, I feel obligated to take pause for many of my students that will not be able to attend because of their military obligation.
These are intense times, and I would like to send a shout-out to the Kenpo people who are practicing for/ and on the the literal field of battle, and to refresh them for a second by telling them that they are being remembered and prayed for.
I recognize and acknowledge your sacrafice and thank you. Martial Artists of all styles should remember that our history demonstrates the need for freedom and the liberty we take for granted every day.
It wasn't that long ago that a teacher of a
fighting art would take a ranking student to a pupils home for a lesson. This students sole purpose was to watch the door to make sure government soldiers and guards didn't discover the
instruction which would result in arrest.
With this in mind, a gathering such as the April 5th Seattle seminars, or the AKKS camp in Las Vegas, would at one time, under another flag, would have been considered subversive activities, and would be dealt with harshly.
So, to Bonnie Maser in Camp Red Cloud, Korea, and Scott Overman in Ft. Strewart, GA. and Doug Leavengood in the Persian
Gulf, and to all the others. Heres to you from the ol' ex-Ranger.
We are proud of you, and our prayers and thoughts are with you.

We are the Land of the Free, BECAUSE of the Brave!!!

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Amen Brother ... Another old warrior sending out good thoughts to all the folks going to the fight. Sometimes, I seriously regret that they send the Cream of Youth to do an old man's job... But somehow they have always been under the mis-apprehension that war is for the young. :(

Dan

OP
L

Les Sipes

Thanks for your support and prior service, Dan!
Do you feel a little jealous that men like ourselves can't contribute more directly?
I at least wish I could do something of a training nature.
What unit did you serve with?

Les

OP
J

Jill666

I have nothing but respect for those who choose to put their lives on the line for the freedoms I enjoy every day.

*Deep Bow*

OP
I

Iron Dog

Well said all. Vietnam was a time I thought would never return, nor did I think many of us would return as well, and many didn't. Wherever your feelings lie, remember that to do martial arts requires a sense of duty too. These men and women,who would much rather be home with family and friends are standing up for their duty and are required to do their job to the utmost. For that prayers, well wishes, and lots of love is due them.
From 'A' Company, 1st Battalion, 501st Infantry and an old line doggie I say: HOOOAH God Bless...
Iron Dog

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Les Sipes
Thanks for your support and prior service, Dan!
Do you feel a little jealous that men like ourselves can't contribute more directly?
I at least wish I could do something of a training nature.
What unit did you serve with?

Les

Welcome home Bruthas!

Was a medic with the 606th Special Ops Squadron aka Air Commandos, 69 - 70, out of Nakhon Phanom RTAB (Naked Fannie :) ), Thailand and other sordid ... er ... assorted places. How about you Les?

Iron Dog! Hoooaaahhhh!!!! :lol: Just thought I'd try and wake you up from one old fogie to another. :lol:

Have three of my Black Belts over there or on their way... One is Military Intell, one is Special Forces, and one is going back in as a Force Recon Marine or Army Special Forces (depends on allotment and openings). He was one of the original Fast Company Marines into Kosovo and the American Embassy thing they had back then ... and one of my Mo State Highway Patrol, not quite nearly as old as me, also Army Reserve, Infantry, got recalled for a year or so... He's relatively safe though, gonna be a DI. :lol:

Have a nephew who is in the Army Reserves (Sniper), waiting call back too.

Just wish that me and guys like us could go in their places ... Or like you said, do something a little more hands on for the effort. Frankly, when it comes down to situations like this, it's a ***** being too old. :cuss:

Anyway, Keep your socks and smokes dry Bros!

Dan

OP
J

jeffkyle

Originally posted by Jill666
I have nothing but respect for those who choose to put their lives on the line for the freedoms I enjoy every day.

*Deep Bow*

DITTO!!

OP
L

Les Sipes

Originally posted by Iron Dog
Well said all. Vietnam was a time I thought would never return, nor did I think many of us would return as well, and many didn't. Wherever your feelings lie, remember that to do martial arts requires a sense of duty too. These men and women,who would much rather be home with family and friends are standing up for their duty and are required to do their job to the utmost. For that prayers, well wishes, and lots of love is due them.
From 'A' Company, 1st Battalion, 501st Infantry and an old line doggie I say: HOOOAH God Bless...
Iron Dog
HOOOAH!!! Bro, 2/75th Ranger Btln. Out of Ft. Lewis, WA.

OP
L

Les Sipes

I did basic and AIT at Ft. Polk, LA, and Jump school, RIP, Ranger school at Benning, and Recondo at Ft. Lewis ETS'ed 3/76. Thanks for serving , Bro!

OP
B

brianhunter

I did basic and AIT at Ft. Polk, LA, and Jump school, RIP, Ranger school at Benning, and Recondo at Ft. Lewis ETS'ed 3/76. Thanks for serving , Bro!

Man you where high speed low drag :) I went to basic and AIT at Ft Benning as an 11b then reclassed when I re-uped as 91b and spent some nice time at Ft Sam, ETS in 97 from Ft Riley FRREDOOOMMM!!! hehe.....I couldnt handle Ft Polk when I was there!! The misquitos could carry away small children!!! Hoooahhhh from the 1/16th Infantry Batallion First Infantry Division

Thanks to all who served, when you see these freaks out there protesting with signs just remember we served for them also.
Just like we did everyone else, yeah you feel like choking them and stuffing their sign down there throat but that is one of the things that makes our country great and its one of the reasons we serve. There will always be a Hanoi Jane who deserved much worse!

Come home safely guys, we are tying the yellow ribbons!

OP
K

KanoLives

In prepareing for the honor of hosting the 1st Annual Pac. NW Reunion of Warriors, I am reflective in the fortunate position of welcoming some of the most prolific names in our art. It is new to me to be graced with names like Labounty, Sepulvida, White,
Conatser, Hebler, and I carry this as no small honor. These names as well as Dr. Crimi, Alan Henderson, and John Smith will guarantee a sweet learning experience for all attending. I am looking forward to meeting all of the Kenpo bro's and sisters coming.
However, I feel obligated to take pause for many of my students that will not be able to attend because of their military obligation.
These are intense times, and I would like to send a shout-out to the Kenpo people who are practicing for/ and on the the literal field of battle, and to refresh them for a second by telling them that they are being remembered and prayed for.
I recognize and acknowledge your sacrafice and thank you. Martial Artists of all styles should remember that our history demonstrates the need for freedom and the liberty we take for granted every day.
It wasn't that long ago that a teacher of a
fighting art would take a ranking student to a pupils home for a lesson. This students sole purpose was to watch the door to make sure government soldiers and guards didn't discover the
instruction which would result in arrest.
With this in mind, a gathering such as the April 5th Seattle seminars, or the AKKS camp in Las Vegas, would at one time, under another flag, would have been considered subversive activities, and would be dealt with harshly.
So, to Bonnie Maser in Camp Red Cloud, Korea, and Scott Overman in Ft. Strewart, GA. and Doug Leavengood in the Persian
Gulf, and to all the others. Heres to you from the ol' ex-Ranger.
We are proud of you, and our prayers and thoughts are with you.

We are the Land of the Free, BECAUSE of the Brave!!!

God Bless.

Dun Ringill

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
To all that Serve:

Author: Anonymous

The soldier stood and faced God
Which must always come to pass
He hoped his shoes were shining
Just as brightly as his brass

"Step forward now, you soldier,
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To my Church have you been true?"

The soldier squared his shoulders and
said, "No, Lord, I guess I ain't
Because those of us who carry guns
Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays
And at times my talk was tough
And sometimes I've been violent,
Because the world is awefully rough.

But, I never took a penny
That wasn't mine to keep...
Though I worked a lot of overtime
When the bills got just too steep,

And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear,
And sometimes, God forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place
Among the people here,
They never wanted me around
Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord,
It needn't be so grand,
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't, I'll understand."

There was a silence all around the throne
Where the saints had often trod
As the soldier waited quietly,
For the judgement of his God,

"Step forward now, you soldier,
You've borne your burdens well,
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell."

God Bless Our Troops

Dun Ringill--Rangers Lead the Way

OP
Y

yilisifu

My heart and spirit are ever with them.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Me, My family, our church and friends are keeping a daily prayer up for our troops... that they may be effective and efficient and protected.
Also, if you know a person in the armed services... current or Vet, THANK THEM.

Lets all do this, and remember what it means to be proud to be an AMERICAN.

Your Brother
John

OP
B

brianhunter

Originally posted by Brother John
Me, My family, our church and friends are keeping a daily prayer up for our troops... that they may be effective and efficient and protected.
Also, if you know a person in the armed services... current or Vet, THANK THEM.

Lets all do this, and remember what it means to be proud to be an AMERICAN.

Your Brother
John

You know...your alright I dont care what everyone else says about you ;) See you around John :D

kenpo3631

Black Belt
Reaction score
86th Medical Company (AA)
Eagle Base, Bosnia

"Witch Doctors"

I know it's not much but here I am in Bosnia. My dad is a Viet Nam vet though. U.S.M.C 1957-1968, 3 tours 57', 62', 63'.

Lance L. J. Soares
86th Medical Company (AA)
Flight Medic/Logistical NCO
Eagle Base, Bosnia
SFOR-13

Latest Discussions