Training For The Worst Case.

elwin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I really don't mean to offend anyone, all I'm saying is, in any violent situation you will do what you have trained to do, what is imprinted into your subcontious being through repetition. In real life everything happens in seconds, many times you don't have time to figure something out, you just react. How you react is determined by what you're body and mind is programmed to do. Your movement, body control, timing, striking and most importantly MINDSET, all depends on your training.

Let's look at a scenario: I don't know of you heard the story of the guy who got mugged in a parking lot by two guys with knives. He was a gifted martial artist in his style and handled the situation perfectly. He knocked out the one guy, then got the other one in a arm lock on the ground of which he could'nt get out of. Then the guy in the arm lock tapped out, and he made the mistake of letting go. As they got up the attacker grabbed the knife and stabbed him multiple times, sending him to the emergency room. Luckily he survived, but because of his conditioning, he was unable to handle the situation effectively, meaning from beginning to end and getting away safely. He was too conditioned by rules, which he applied during a situation where there was'nt any. Yes he could fight, but he could'nt do the job that was required to disable his attacker's entirely.

Latest Discussions