Traditional Training in China

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I felt this was applicable to what has been going on in this post. It is a quote from Wang Ji Wu (1891 – 1991) who was a long time Xingyi practitioner who was highly respected.

All practice starts with San Ti standing. After walking through the forms, one must follow correct sequence of training and must not omit a step. All subsequent movement is founded in San Ti Shi. This posture is the gate of the Way, it is the root and the central nucleus of the art of Xing Yi Quan – Wang Ji Wu

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Absolutely! My own lineage goes back to Zhang Zhaodong and that's what he emphasized in the initial stages of training.

MaartenSFS

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I had a look at the website and have to say that it's not very cheap where you're at. If you rent an apartment and pay for three meals a day yourself and water/electricity/gas it should still only amount to no greater than 1500元 in an average Chinese CITY (Less if it's a small apartment and you go to the local market for the food and don't eat out). You are literaly giving them 1500元 a month or more. With five foreign students that is a shitload. Their expenses go down the more students they get and the profits go up.

I've seen this countless times in Yangshuo, where they have more than three "ACADEMIES". Guess how much I pay to study Sanda here? Absolutely nothing (But I have a special relationship with my Shifu so don't come running over here to get free lessons!). Other students pay 160-200元 a month, a fraction of what you're paying. And the quality of the lessons is superb. I remember a "school" where the students had to pay 1600元 a week. And they were learning ********. I'm sorry mate, but it looks like you're getting screwed yet again. I HOPE THAT YOU ARE SUPPLEMENTING YOUR STUDIES WITH... TEACHING ENGLISH, OR SOMETHING. Or you are going to leave poor... But, then again, if you're satisfied then it's not a problem.

- Maarten Sebastiaan Franks Spijker

Latest Discussions