Sifu Whit McClendon

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post.

He teaches Shaolin Northern Praying Mantis here in Katy, Texas. Does anyone know of him?

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm, dont know the name, what style of mantis? Is it 7 star? I'll ask around and see what I can dig up.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I haven't and haven't been able to find anything on his either. Does he have a website or anything? Do you know any of his lineage? There are several "styles" of northern mantis.

7sm

OP
masherdong

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I haven't and haven't been able to find anything on his either. Does he have a website or anything? Do you know any of his lineage? There are several "styles" of northern mantis.

www.jademountain.org is his website. As far as the lineage, I have no clue.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Looks like he studied Wah Lum under Sifu Cupp who was a student of Pui Chan. He seems to have taken a much different route than his teachers but thats neither here nor there as far as his skill goes. I know of Sifu Cupp's name through my own lineage to Wah Lum and Chan Pui.

He lists my sigung, Raymond Fogg on his page as people he has had opportunities to train under so he must have spent some time in seminars with our family of mantis. His videos look nice, I would check him out for sure. He seems to be incorporating some kenpo and BJJ which is cool, not seen alot in mantis, so thats interesting. Seems legit to me though.

7sm

OP
masherdong

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the input 7star. When I had visited his school, I did have good vibes about it. I still am trying to decide if I would like to do it.

OP
masherdong

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Still debating if I would like to do this. I do like how he is incorporating grappling and kenpo into the style. I still am thinking about doing it. 70% sure that I want to do it. It will be a good workout though.

Latest Discussions