Tournaments as big as Battle of Columbus?? Where are they??

dcsma

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone. For those that have been to the Battle of Columbus, Columbus Ohio, know what I'm talking about, but just curious to see if there are any tournaments in the states that are big if not bigger then the Battle of Columbus? Where are they at and if not why is that??

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't know how big the Columbus touney use to be. Need to give us some numbers. 1500, 2000, larger?

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey everyone. For those that have been to the Battle of Columbus, Columbus Ohio, know what I'm talking about, but just curious to see if there are any tournaments in the states that are big if not bigger then the Battle of Columbus? Where are they at and if not why is that??

Back in the day, the USTU JOs was the largest tournament out there, with 20 rings and 6000 competitors.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If you are looking for sport karate tournaments there are plenty out there that are bigger than the BoC. US Open in Orlando is one of the largest, that takes place in July. Our school/organization hosts AKA Grand Nationals in Chicago in January. There other ones similar throughout the year. Look on www.naska.com or www.akakarate.com.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
What are the numbers. Just saying something with no data really means nothing.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
BOC I think pulls in at lease 1500 if not more I haven't been to it since 2008. And it has 18 rings.

I thought it was bigger than that. GM Young in Cheon's World Taekwondo Festival is bigger than that.

Latest Discussions