Tournament

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last sataruday my daugther (the one who practices TKD the odest does jazz dancing) and I went to a TKD tournament called Olimpipic Dreams where 18 states of my country prticipated in poomse and kyorugi.
Ana (daughter) was amazed, we saw the kyorugis of small childen 5-6 years and children of 8-12 yearsfrom yellow trought black belts.

We enjoy alot and asked to Ana: What do you think off? and Ana said to me: Dad I'm ready I want to do kyorogi!!! Ohhhh bay she's 7 and only has two months in TKD!!

I saw the new scoring sistem, the use of computers and screens to see the points.

manny

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ana Cecilia aka Ana Ceci aka Anie it's my youngest daugther, she born with a serius congenit heart failure, wife and I were told about these when Anie was 2 years old, we cryed alot and wondered God why us, but Anie had open heart surgery 3 years ago and she's really fine,growing strong and beautiful, however some times she recall the bad days of hospitals, needles and surgery.

Anie now is a very strong 7 years old girl, with a lot of temper so one night I took her with me to my TKD class, she was hooked, and wanted to get in inmediately, however wife was very concern about Anie's surgery and feared about a kick or punch in Anie´s chest. I told wife I can arrange with sambknim to not put Anie in kyorugi and also told wife that in kyorugi every one must to wear armor (chest protector, head protection, shin/step guards and elbow pads too).

Anie wanted so badly start TKD so I sent wife to have a light chat with somboknim for all the worries about kicks and punches afther that Anie start TKD, she's only 2 months in dojan but enjoys the class a lot.

Can you imagine what I feel when see my little pumking training??? Ohh boy it's super.

I adore my little girl.

Manny

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!!! Sounds like a wonderful experience for you both.

cy1982

White Belt
Reaction score
I read a bit up on the condition, my best guess would be to talk to your doctor who looks after her.
considering the wounds from her operation should be healed by now :p (I hope!) im more worried about her cardio aspect than recieving a hit in the chest. Sparring is EXTREMELY taxing on Cardio if your into it a lot, make sure her arteries can allow the blood flow properply!

I hope that your doctor says it will be ok. Emotionally this can be good for her, but if a problem happens you should prepare her emotionally. (such as making sure she understands if she gets injured related to her heart, that she needs a break, or at worst may have to quit(leave her options though, let her compete in poomse :))).

Latest Discussions