Torch/Flashlight

lmon

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey,

Im working on a design for a new torch/flashlight for security and was wondering if you could help.
Do you use torches/flashlights a lot?
Are there any problems that you find with the ones you use?
Are there anythings you wish the torches could do?
What do you mainly use them for?

Thanks the help would be appreciated

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
i did when I did patrols but I cant think of any inherent issues.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Im working on a design for a new torch/flashlight for security and was wondering if you could help.
Do you use torches/flashlights a lot?
Are there any problems that you find with the ones you use?
Are there anythings you wish the torches could do?
What do you mainly use them for?

Thanks the help would be appreciated
From a business standpoint, that sounds like a solution looking for a problem. What's the aim of the new design?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you have something really new and special -- you'll be making tacticool toys. Plenty of manufacturers have very good products out there, like Streamlight, ASP, Surefire, Maglite (don't tell Carol!)... I'm guessing you're not a cop or security professional or you'd already have some idea of what you feel is missing. The fact is I want a light that is bright, that I can operate one handed, tuck into my armpit or somewhere else to hold it when I need both hands... Strobe is a nice feature, but not essential. LED anymore is more reliable and brighter than most "bulbs." Adjustable light level and/or focus is nice. I like to carry both "regular battery" and rechargeable lights on duty because they fail in different ways at different times... But all of that is available, in many different combinations from various lights on the market.

So, let me turn the question on you -- why should I be interested in your new light? What's it going to offer me?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
At the end there I was carrying this one. And I really didnt use half the functions. But the torch did do everything I wanted it to do.

So puuting OP,s up against that.

Latest Discussions