Top Secret

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have personnally trained with the Army and Air Force and have trained with civilian companies who are employed for the specific purpose of training the military in combat techniques - they are almost all retired or prior military....and I don't think that they would appreciate being called Mercenaries either.

I bet they wouldn't.

I'm not sure what's going on with this guy. He says he doesn't like giving away freebies, then turns around and offers a product allegedly valued at over $900 for free. If its a money-making scheme its not going to work.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have personnally trained with the Army and Air Force and have trained with civilian companies who are employed for the specific purpose of training the military in combat techniques - they are almost all retired or prior military....and I don't think that they would appreciate being called Mercenaries either.

Actually, many of them aren't even mercenaries. Mercenaries have a specific legal status under international treaties. The Blackwater and DynCorp "contractors" who carry guns in combat areas are, very specifically and exactly, illegal combatants and are not entitled to any protections. If they get caught and tortured or killed I will not shed a single tear.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just to throw in a little bit of first hand info here. I will let you in on the one and only "secret" that military hand to hand has. The reason why SpecOps are so feared is the level of physical fitness that the individuals have that are performing the techniques. You take an average technique and put it in the hands of a guy that is of a very high level of physical fitness and you would be suprised what they can do. There is a reason why every SpecOps group requires their soldiers to be extremely fit. Because it makes the simple techniques very effective. JMHO.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Allow me to explain
1. In the Army there is no rank of Lieutnet. I was pretty sure the Navy had one, but I know for a fact the Army doesn't.

This is just wrong-the army does have 2 grades of lieutenant. You can see a 1st Lt. in the U.S. Army here.

As an aside, Mr. Top Secret was marketing Carl Cestari's stuff for a while-don't know if he still is. Cestari's stuff is good, solid material, except for his groundfighting-as I've posted elsewhere......don't know about the rest of his stuff-hear that it's judo based, and bad judo at that.....

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is just wrong-the army does have 2 grades of lieutenant. You can see a 1st Lt. in the U.S. Army here.

Actually, both of you are right. First off, it is correc that the Army, Air Force, and Marines have 2 ranks of Lieutenant. First and Second (O-1 and O-2). The official ranks are 1LT and 2LT. In most cases, they are referred to as simply L.T. Or by just Lieutenant. If someone is specifically calling them FIRST (or second) LIEUTENANT, either they are getting promoted or they're in BIG trouble.

And the Navy does have a rank of JUST Lieutenant, which is O-3, equivalent to the Army's O-3 (Captain). Sorry for the derailment, just wanted to set that straight.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Actually, both of you are right. First off, it is correc that the Army, Air Force, and Marines have 2 ranks of Lieutenant. First and Second (O-1 and O-2).

I just want to point out that in the beginning of this thread, CuongNhuka did point this out as well.

1. ...there is no such rank as lieutent, there is first and second.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both the British Army and the Royal Navy have Lieutenants, Navy's higher than Army.The Army ones are called Ruperts and are always ignored! We also pronounce the word as 'lefttenant'.

I agree with the spec forces fitness, it also helps that ours at least are as mad as hatters (but in a good way lol)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6285091.stm

OP
Em MacIntosh

Em MacIntosh

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Both the British Army and the Royal Navy have Lieutenants, Navy's higher than Army.The Army ones are called Ruperts and are always ignored! We also pronounce the word as 'lefttenant'.

I agree with the spec forces fitness, it also helps that ours at least are as mad as hatters (but in a good way lol)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6285091.stm

In Canade we also call them lefttenant.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you mean this guy, then no, I know nothing specific about him. His website, however, raises quite a few red flags.

His entire site looks like he's trying too hard - and he is. I wouldn't bother. Also, I ran a google search on him... the words "false advertising" showed up on the front page results.

Yeah, I checked the web site. As Kacey said he's trying too hard with the Huge Red font and such. Whenever I see a web page like that I immediately think: Another dude selling ********.

Latest Discussions