tony jaa vs jet li

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
who you think would win in a real bout ? would love to see both of these cats in a movie together %-}

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Who really knows. When people reach a certain level it could go either way, though I do think that Jaa has a better chance IMO.

Ronin74

Brown Belt
Reaction score
They would merge into the ultimate martial arts action star- Tony Li or Jet Jaa

artFling

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think it's very hard to tell how good a fighter an actor is by watching him in a movie. The movies are designed to make them look good. I'm not saying that they don't have any real skills; I'm sure they do. But if you watched them spar, I doubt you'd see all those fancy kicks, especially if they were sparring against someone who really challenged them. They are great stunt men, who can pull it off on screen. This is challenging all by itself. Just try to look that good on video yourself. Even if you have some good chops, making it look good on film is a whole other skill set. And that is what they are primarily good at because that's their bread and butter.

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
To the last comments, Jet was 6 time national champion of China, do not know Tony Jaa's actual martial arts background, anybody? Through the years, in order to be more realistic, I know Jet has trained under traditional internal and external masters to understand the true fighting nature of the CMA. I think both are incredible, but a young Jet v. Tony Jaa would be very interesting!

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Jet Li is from Beijing. A Taiji instructor who is from China and studied internal and external MA in the university system there once explained to me that the 'National' competitions are team events between different regions, but Beijing is the capitol and the base of the Communist Party. For Beijing to lose would make the capitol and party lose face. Beijing never loses, ever. So whether or not Jet is a good fighter I can't say, but being national champion doesn't really provide evidence either way. Now the fact that he was competing period, and that he was probably the best fighter on the Beijing team might.

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Who wins the fight? Whoever's name appears first in the credits.

Having said that, I'm a greater admirer of Tony Jaa. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Jett's work. I just never enjoyed most kung fu on film, it seems to rob it of it's viceral impact leaving it to look just pretty a fluttery.

Latest Discussions