Today is the big day

Greg King

Green Belt
Reaction score
1st Dan test for my son ...he has prepared his own nunchaku form.gone over his throws and his escapes ...finished his essay and resume.and you can't see even an oz. of nervousness in him, washed his tidy whity uniform(only for promotions does he wear this paticular one).We are getting ready now to head to the Dojang .Does anyone else find it kind of funny when walking out the door your asking your 13 year old son "do you have all your weapons?"...never thought i would be asking him that.Still getting used to the fact things are going to be different after today...to our family this is a very big deal .......we are having a party after the test ....we are taking him and his friends to his favorite steakhouse.Its going to be about a 9 hour test so i will be posting the results later tonight .I'm sure he will do great and by the end of the day we will be the proud parents of a blackbelt.Kuhnyea:) :asian:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck to him on the test!! Please let us know how it went!!:ultracool

Mike

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, what they said! And picture - lots of pictures - with the weapons, please!

OP
Greg King

Greg King

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yeah, what they said! And picture - lots of pictures - with the weapons, please!

I will be posting pics as soon as i become a supporting member ,which will be later this week so i'll let you know when they are up:)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will be posting pics as soon as i become a supporting member ,which will be later this week so i'll let you know when they are up:)

Glad to hear it Greg moving in the right direction with MT and your son will be perfect and you one proud father

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Best of luck to your son! Let us know how it goes. :asian:

OP
Greg King

Greg King

Green Belt
Reaction score
We have a 1st Dan in the family.First one in our family history ...and passed with flying colors.He has not taken the belt off all day.Lots of students from the home school came to watch him and the Masters loved his weapons form.The dojang was so crowded it was hard to get good pictures of him but i did the best i could ,and i will post them later....6 years of training ,so far so good.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations to your son - and don't be surprised if he sleeps with his belt under his pillow... :)

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulationsto your son (and to you too Greg)!

What did he have to do for his test?

Miles

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats Gregg and what a milestone it must be, I also would like to know his test criteria if you have the time. Remember pics are good mo-matter what so post alot of them

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's Fantastic!
Congratulations to your son.... And to his proud parents!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations and now his journey can truly begin!
icon14.gif

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
WOOHOO! Tell him congratulations for us! I bet everyone in your family will be on "cloud nine" for a good while.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
CONGRATS TO YOUR SON!! AND TO YOU AS WELL- BEHIND EVERY GREAT KID ARE GREAT PARENTS!!!

Latest Discussions