TKD Scandal

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am not sure if has been posted here or not already.

SEOUL - Prosecutors have raided the house and offices of Kim Un-yong, the world's Tae Kwon Do chief and an International Olympic Committee Vice-President, on allegations he embezzled funds from organizations connected with the martial art.

Prosecution investigators seized a private safe and documents during Tuesday's raid, Chung Chan-soo, an aide at Kim's National Assembly office, on Wednesday. Kim is a national legislator affiliated with the opposition Millinium Democratic Party.

Officials at the Seould District Prosecutors' Office declined to comment on the probe into Kim, South Korea's best known sports official and longtime member of the IOC.

Prosecutors suspect Kim of embezzling funds from the World Tae Kwon Do Federation, which Kim has headed for three decades, and from the World Tae Kwon Do Headquarters, a Seoul - based institute that issues Tae Kwon Do credentials, Chung said.

"We cannot accept the allegations, " Chunf Said. He could not confirm South Korean media reports that prosecutors have banned Kim from travelling abroad.

Kim helped Tae Kwon Do to become a formal medal event in the Olympics in 2000. Critics later accused him of acting arbitrarily and promoting officials who were corrupt but loyal to him. Kim denied any wrong doing.

AP

My wife brought me the print out of this story today from work. She does news at a small radio station

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As the world of TKD turns, everyday somebody else cannot control the human greed factor. Integrity is all but gone from the Art of Martial Arts, Master sells rank to those that buy it and those that try to do everything right get **** on like some on this forum. This people should be lined up and every single person with integity should get a free shot on them maybe if someone kicked ther head in we can get back to the Art of TKD and not the politics. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!

T

Tae Kwon Doughboy

Would you please post a link to the article? I haven't found it on the AP site.

OP
Rob Broad

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wife sent it to me last Dec 10th. I am hoping that someone will have more information about what is happening.