TKD had me in tears today :(

OP
ShelleyK

ShelleyK

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I have one word for you .... PINEAPPLE !!! seriously google it... the bromelain (sp?) in the pineapple will help tremendously with your pain
you have to eat every day though and it's best on an empty stomach.
Buy either fresh or the ones in the plastic containers - NOT cans.

My MIL is eating it 2-3 times a day and has almost no inflammation or pain.

As much as I love pineapple I can only eat it in moderation, it doesnt agree well with my body...I have sensitivities to certain other foods as well...mostly milk products and a few fruits

taekwondodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Shelley,
Currently I am drinking Certo (fruit pectin used in making jelly/jam) and Grape juice for my joints. I train TKD 6 days a week and at the age of 45, my joints starts to talk to me while I walk. "Snap, crackle and pop" each step I take.

I also having problem with my left knee ACL due to constant kicking. Ever since I take the Certo & grape juice mixture, my joints stopped talking to me and also I noticed that my left ACL doesn't hurt after the endurance class on Saturday.

So, try it and see if this will help. You can buy Certo in the canning section in any grocery store.

QIGONG

White Belt
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your problems... If it affected you though enough to bring tears, then obviously you have the determination and perseverance to press on and do what you love - no ailment can kill your spirit. Keep training smart, and with discretion... luckily I've grown up with instructors who've always had the philosophy of -

"Do what you can!"

Don't get overcome with frustration, good luck and train one day at a time!

K31

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Has your rheumatologist tried any DMARDs? I almost couldn't walk due to arthritis 3 years or so ago and I went to a rheumatologist who tried Methotrexate and then put me on a TNF-inhibitor. There were days before this when it hurt to type on a keyboard and if someone had told me I'd be breaking boards and punching a bag I've have said they were nuts. I still have some limitations but I'm pretty much pain-free. God bless.

ellies

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I suffer from Osteo, inflammatory and Rheumatoid arthritis...yah I got triple whammied :(
Anyway, today was awful for me, I was in so much pain I could barely get through warm ups :( We had just started doing drills and I had to go to the locker room before the tears came. I feel like such a failure. I came home 40 minutes early and here I am now feeling sorry for myself and pissed off beyond all recognition that I actually let this arthritis affect me like it did today. Normally I can get through training with a few little pit stops but today...no can do. :( :idunno::waah::sadsong:
Hang in there and blessings to you!

Latest Discussions