Tired of a US$ backed by someones say-so only? Try an alternative.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.libertydollar.org/

Real money, backed by real silver and gold.
Not just a 'paper value'.

It's an interesting concept....I've got more research to do on this, but may be accepting this as payments in the future. :)

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Through this website I was able to find this article, which in my mind, has reinforced the fact that silver is indeed a great investment.

The value investor rightfully asks himself, "How can silver become less valuable than today's prices, when it is in short supply above ground in refined form, and when more silver is consumed each year than mined, and when there is already less than zero monetary demand due to irrational investor selling?" It cannot go down! The trend cannot continue. It must reverse course. True value must assert itself. And when true value is restored, which is partly determined by the fundamental factor of scarcity, and people recognizing that scarcity, which is what made gold more valuable than silver in the first place, then perhaps silver will be more valuable than gold!
This price action may provide an occasion for many trend investors to realize what the value investors have realized all along: that silver will outperform gold, and that now is the time to buy silver, in preference to gold, if you have not done so already.
Because of the inherent value of silver, its demand in practical application, and its desirability as a commodity, having a currency that is backed by this resource is, in my mind, a fantasic idea.

As a side note, some of the criticisms of the Federal Reserve are pretty darned creepy. Given the opportunity in canada, this is a program which I would support. At a bare minimum, I would keep the cash oportion of my savings in this medium.

Latest Discussions