Threads disappeared

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Many threads have disappeared. Does anybody know why?

I think if someone gets banned, their posts are all hidden.

Also, if you recently put someone on ignore, you wouldn't see their threads unless you click on "show ignored content".

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, there are a couple of screen names I have not seen in a few days. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, when a user is banned and hasn't made any substantive posts (only trolling, spam, etc.), all their posts are also removed. I'm not sure if that results in entire threads disappearing, but maybe it does if they are the OP.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, when a user is banned and hasn't made any substantive posts (only trolling, spam, etc.), all their posts are also removed. I'm not sure if that results in entire threads disappearing, but maybe it does if they are the OP.

If the "spam cleaner" is run, it deletes all their posts. If the first post of a thread is deleted, the thread is removed.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
@gpseymour @Dirty Dog

Out of curiosity, do you guys have dummy accounts so you can see what us plebs see? I manage a health record system in my day job. One of my duties is to remove documents that were put into the wrong health record. But it technically doesn't delete it from the database, it just hides the document from normal users. As far as they're concerned, the document is gone, but I can still see it. (For me it shows up with a red X).

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@gpseymour @Dirty Dog

Out of curiosity, do you guys have dummy accounts so you can see what us plebs see? I manage a health record system in my day job. One of my duties is to remove documents that were put into the wrong health record. But it technically doesn't delete it from the database, it just hides the document from normal users. As far as they're concerned, the document is gone, but I can still see it. (For me it shows up with a red X).
As mods we do not. The admins, however, do. I also will occasionally go onto the site without signing in, and see everything as a non-mod. Things can be deleted so either the general public cannot see it, and we can see that it was deleted (have to click buttons to see what was actually written, so we don't gloss over it being deleted), or so that we cannot see it as well, I believe.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Kung Fu Wang if there was a thread that had an interesting topic that disappeared, you are more than welcome to bring the topic back up. Just because the started of a thread was "spam cleaned" does not mean the thread in question was inappropriate.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yesss.... a certain somebahhhhhdy was banned recently, I noticed the threads disappear too!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@gpseymour @Dirty Dog

and is there still the 'secret mentors and mods' section where they talk about us?

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
and is there still the 'secret mentors and mods' section where they talk about us?

If there is, I feel sorry for everyone else who has to get compared to me.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
As mods we do not. The admins, however, do. I also will occasionally go onto the site without signing in, and see everything as a non-mod. Things can be deleted so either the general public cannot see it, and we can see that it was deleted (have to click buttons to see what was actually written, so we don't gloss over it being deleted), or so that we cannot see it as well, I believe.
Are you saying that if you surf the forum Without logging in you see 'everything' or more than members?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

There are sections of the forum that you cannot see, in which we discuss issues. Like, for instance, the tickets for posts people have reported. We mostly talk about how we're spending out lavish salaries.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are sections of the forum that you cannot see, in which we discuss issues. Like, for instance, the tickets for posts people have reported. We mostly talk about how we're spending out lavish salaries.

I know, I was a mentor until 'sacked' for being far too left wing ( from the then owner's own words) however due to an anomaly I still got to see what was written about me ( wasn't just me either, I know at least one who I won't name but isn't on here much now) So if you wonder why I am so gobby, it's because I was called quite a lot of things that frankly weren't nice by a couple of people in particular and lost all faith in mentoring and some mods. :D:D

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know, I was a mentor until 'sacked' for being far too left wing ( from the then owner's own words) however due to an anomaly I still got to see what was written about me ( wasn't just me either, I know at least one who I won't name but isn't on here much now) So if you wonder why I am so gobby, it's because I was called quite a lot of things that frankly weren't nice by a couple of people in particular and lost all faith in mentoring and some mods. :D:D
I'm pretty sure this was before my time here (or at least I didn't pay attention to/care about it at the time), but nowadays besides reports 98% of the conversation that happens on other sections is us saying if we are/aren't going to be active on the site/moderating for a time. The other 2% is arguing who has the coolest hairstyle (I win that one-bald is the new black)

Latest Discussions