Threads disappeared

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this was before my time here (or at least I didn't pay attention to/care about it at the time), but nowadays besides reports 98% of the conversation that happens on other sections is us saying if we are/aren't going to be active on the site/moderating for a time. The other 2% is arguing who has the coolest hairstyle (I win that one-bald is the new black)

It was back when the Study was the political part, we had some hard core political beliefs on that. It's also where I acquired a religious stalker a regular poster on here at one time, he got my email from somewhere and I was treated to a barrage of religious lectures about how I must convert to his brand of Xtianity or else I was going to burn in hell. That was the least of it, he tried pulling Judaism to pieces , including all the usual anti Semitic garbage. He also thought everyone else other than his group was going to hell, he had an awful lot of hate. I did answer him back until he got sick of my scathing sarcasm ( which you lot don't actually see here from me whatever you think :cool:), well I think it was that or he got arrested :D

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was back when the Study was the political part, we had some hard core political beliefs on that. It's also where I acquired a religious stalker a regular poster on here at one time, he got my email from somewhere and I was treated to a barrage of religious lectures about how I must convert to his brand of Xtianity or else I was going to burn in hell. That was the least of it, he tried pulling Judaism to pieces , including all the usual anti Semitic garbage. He also thought everyone else other than his group was going to hell, he had an awful lot of hate. I did answer him back until he got sick of my scathing sarcasm ( which you lot don't actually see here from me whatever you think :cool:), well I think it was that or he got arrested :D
Sometimes I miss the political portion of the study, sometimes I remember stuff like that, and am grateful we don't do that anymore. Some people that were otherwise perfectly fine posters just became irrational and angry whenever they posted in the study.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Far out really?! That's mighty unfortunate :s

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I miss the political portion of the study, sometimes I remember stuff like that, and am grateful we don't do that anymore. Some people that were otherwise perfectly fine posters just became irrational and angry whenever they posted in the study.

I liked the political parts that were about the mechanics of different countries various systems. We get the news of course, like now when the US is gearing up for a Presidential election, outside the US we know the main politics but it's the actual workings that aren't always explained, ie how candidates are chosen, how they campaign, who votes etc. there's not really time I suppose to go over it in the media here but it's something we know about our own country not others. Gun control I remember as being very contentious, to non Americans though that explained the strong feelings people had in the US which many non Americans don't understand, no reason they should of course but it was very interesting and often spilt into quite acrimonious arguments.

Latest Discussions