this is NOT a hate crime???

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think the issue is that black people are more violent, ignorant and lawless than white people. It's their own fault. I swear I can find studies and historical examples to prove it. It's like Reagan said welfare queens in Cadillacs.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
there are plenty of escalades in the local HUD rent controlled welfare only apartment complexes.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please tell me this is not Akron's Charles Stuart

http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/50495622.html

The mayor of Akron has called in the FBI to investigate the attack. Props to Al Sharpton for condemning the attack, but this case is bizarre.

No one noticed 30-50 black youths going about the neighborhood? On a holiday when many folks spend time outside? No one HEARD them? Never mind their color...put 30-50 youths together, on a holiday, with enough adrenaline in them to allegedly do a violent attack...and no one heard any ruckus?

The tame language doesn't make sense. Why was G-rated language used during what looks like a hate crime or a gang crime?

Even stranger....the Akron police say the racial comments were not reported to them! They say they first heard about them in the newspaper. Mrs. Marshall says otherwise.

These counterpoints aren't my original thoughts, they are taken from some local Akron folks commenting in their newspaper saying the story doesn't make any sense. The readers seem divided on the issue.

Anyone else uncomfortable with this story or is it just me?

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bill is actually right about the income gap. It appears that even Hispanics do better!!

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0104552.html

Good point. If everyone were out for justice then everyone would be treated equally in all situations good or bad.

But, why the income gap? To me that is the more important question. A person can point to that statistic and say that it points out the alleged racism in our society. In Michigan (the only state I can speak of) there is no cut off or limits on welfare. There are whole generations of families that CHOOSE welfare as a lifestyle. If you were to factor in that many minorities (and many whites) choose to have no job and just want the gov't to hand out free money how does that affect the stats? When you have a smaller percentage of people even low numbers really drop the average.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
But, why the income gap? To me that is the more important question. A person can point to that statistic and say that it points out the alleged racism in our society. In Michigan (the only state I can speak of) there is no cut off or limits on welfare. There are whole generations of families that CHOOSE welfare as a lifestyle. If you were to factor in that many minorities (and many whites) choose to have no job and just want the gov't to hand out free money how does that affect the stats? When you have a smaller percentage of people even low numbers really drop the average.

Off the top of my head I'd say it's due in part to education.

But yeah, I've taken Statistics and know how data can extremely skew percieved results so good point.

Latest Discussions