This is for all the school instructors

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

girlychuks

Originally posted by Carbon

I mean for you to blatantly name call to a child and try to make him feel bad doesn't really make me sad, it makes you pathetic.

The reason I didn't bring up training in TKD for 3 years is because I did it when I was young and the training I did as a kid would never be full contact no.

You know Carbon sweetie, you are doing a bit of your own challenging here as well. Roaring in like an angry male tiger and then demanding respect on your status as a cub is quite a cowardly tactic. No one challenged you, you came here and started swatting. You might want to examine your motives behind that.

Respectfully, Cathy

G

girlychuks

Just did a quick search, and saw your older posts- first you have NO MA experience, then you read books, now you have had three years of TKD, now your Dad owned a school.

You want to take real pain? My friend has breast cancer and she will endure more pain in three months than you will ever find in your life.
Real pain, my friend, finds you. It has nothing to do with martial arts or fighting. Real pain finds you.

Respectfully, Cathy

G

GouRonin

Originally posted by arnisador
Look at USENET--we have rec.martial-arts, a cesspool of trolling, bigotry (largely trolling again I imagine), and other garbage, punctuated by occasional useful posts

I like rec.martial-arts.
:mad:

G

GouRonin

Yes considering my dad was a full contact kick boxer he was in alot of fights probably more than you've seen and has probably won more titles than you can dream of.

Aw, I only have one full contact boxing title.

I must be a loser.

Damn...

:waah:

OP
C

Carbon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
"You want to take real pain? My friend has breast cancer and she will endure more pain in three months than you will ever find in your life.
Real pain, my friend, finds you. It has nothing to do with martial arts or fighting. Real pain finds you.
"

I can't believe you had the nerve to say that to me. You don't know who I am and what I've seen.

My mother has breast cancer. My Grandfather died of cancer and so did my grandmother. My other grandmother has been going through Kimo for over a year and just finished.

You have no idea what I've seen and what I've done. No idea of what pain I've suffered for you to be arrogant like that shows that you tried to point out something and draw out sympathy but I have no sympathy for someone like you who uses something personal to attack someone.

Why I never mention'd my dad owned a school? How would my dad owning a school effect my abilities?

Training for 3 years from age 5 to 8 and then not training from ages 8 to 16 makes it pointless? Do I remember all the stances no? Do I have a basic grasp of them if I was to relearn them yes.

Also since I was considering going into Kempo and I took TKD it might help but not really.

This are the reason I didn't bring it up and these are the reasons I stated in my previous post that you ovbiously did not read.

OP
C

Carbon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Gou I think you are just trying to show off to someone who doesn't know you?

1 title doesn't make you god and by the way what was that title?

G

GouRonin

Gou I think you are just trying to show off to someone who doesn't know you?
1 title doesn't make you god and by the way what was that title?

Ah my leeetle Carbon. You are my favourite monkey. I have nothing to show off. You asked. I responded. You're the one asking about full contact and yapping off about titles. I have had one.

Marysville Michigan. Feb 1999. One of the first attempts to orgainze a toughman competition based on Amatur boxing experience with weight classes ranging from lightweight to heavyweight to rival other toughman which has no weight class below heavyweight per say and allows no amateur experience. I pulled in the lightweight championship. Not only did I win but I ran through 5 bouts in the same night which is more than I ever did in my amateur career which I was 5-0 in. So that night as far as anyone else in my class I was God. But every dog has it's day and that one just happened to be mine. It could have easily been the opposite.

I came home that night with a fist full of cash, a swollen face with black eyes, fractured knuckles, and a 3 inch gash inside my cheek that had to be burned shut with silver nitrate twice because saliva dissolves stiches.

Now dance monkey! DANCE!
:boing1:

OP
C

Carbon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
LOL!!!! You think an amateur title is any good? Wow a 5-0 in amateur boxing. I don't know if you ever seen toughman but the guys who are in toughman competitions SUCK!

Suck beyond belief they do. I'm not saying I can take a 40 year old football player or wrestler but against people my age I know I don't look that ridiculous.

I mean I atleast thought it would of been a professional fight that you won your lightweight in but to my amazement it wasn't at all, it was an amateur fight.

Now I simply stated that about my dad since you asked if he had been in any full contact fights. He wont lightweight national kickboxing championship and once I transfer over from beta tapes I will put them on here so you can see his fights ;)

Will that shut you up?

G

GouRonin

Actually it's both. Amateur and the other was considered professional. It was an attmpt to bring the level of competition up by allowing those with amateur experience to compete so all competitors had amateur experience and since it was for money it is deemed professional. Toughman denied them status as they did not conform to their rules of no experience. Thus I have won a professional title and I am 5-0 in both Am and Pro.

Shut me up? I never asked about your Dad's fights. I asked about your fights. I'm not the one rolling on and on about stuff I have no clue about. How many amateur and professional full contact bouts have you been in? Oh yeah, none. You're an armchair quarterback Mr. Monkey. Now dance...

OP
C

Carbon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok you tell me an organization that will let me fight without headgear and do full contact and for money and is considered professional. Now if you can do this i'll be glad to get a trainer and go at it.

But I highly doubt they are going to let me compete in full contact no headgear for money fights since I'm not even an adult yet.

So why don't you think of something compatent to say and then post on this thread alright? Ok.

Also there is no way in hell you can call yourself a professional boxer. If you think you have the tiniest bit of skill to fight a real professional boxer not some state crap then go for it. I doubt you would last 4 rounds with anyone who considered himself a real athlete.

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Carbon, what on earth is your problem? Gou hasn't said anything bad...all he did is post his accomplishment in the ring and make a joke about how he must be a loser and your attacking him like he did something horrible to you.

" So why don't you think of something compatent to say and then post on this thread alright?"

"If you think you have the tiniest bit of skill to fight a real professional boxer not some state crap then go for it. I doubt you would last 4 rounds with anyone who considered himself a real athlete."

"LOL!!!! You think an amateur title is any good? Wow a 5-0 in amateur boxing."

"Will that shut you up?"

"Oh look, just 2,852,677 more days til I start caring what you think."

Why are you so antagonistic? Gou tells you what he did in the ring and you cut him down like he has no business posting anything about full contact fights and you are EXTREMELY rude to him. Need I remind you that YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN IN THE RING FOR A FULL CONTACT FIGHT? You took TKD from 5 to 8 years of age....omg. That is almost as bad as when you said you got all your martial arts experience out of books. Stop cutting down other peoples experiences and knowledge when you have none yourself! YES people do know more than you about martial arts! Particularly those people that actually go to a school to train.

Cripes I deserve the friendly warning that Carbon got...but he deserves to get banned...this child has no respect for anyone.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Gou, did they film those fights for tv?

:argue: Carbon,

Young man, there are those responding to you in a civil manner that are trying to be nice to you. Please sit back for a minute and take a deep breath befor responding to posts and consider how you word things. Unless you are trying to provoke anger or harsh words from some of these people relax a little and look twice to see if the personis trying to be funny,or if they are being nice but questioning .
We all get hot under the collor at times about some post or another but we try to smooth things out and look at all sides. It's not eazy sometimes but if it gets to bad we walk away from the disscussion so as to not become blinded to the thread by our own anger.
this is a disscussion forum not a ***** and gripe panel.
Shadow:asian:

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey kiddies, why are we putting up with this? I say we ban the little troll to rec.martial.arts He'll fit in nicely. Just my $0.02

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Folks, I don't like doing this....

I'm now getting a number of complaints about this and a few other threads....

I'm targeting this one thread with a general warning, the next warning is gonna be suspended accounts.

People are being provoked, and theres a serious amount of baiting going on. As has been said many times before, "Don't Feed the Trolls".

Carbon, the attitudes wearing thin.

The rest of you, should be able to let some of this crap slide without feeling the need to needle back.

Its just spiraling, and I expect it to stop.

Good day.

Bob Hubbard
MartialTalk Admin.

D

disciple

"The half-filled water bucket makes great splashing noises; the full bucket is silent"

"The more bamboo grows the lower it bows"

salute

:asian:

G

GouRonin

Ok you tell me an organization that will let me fight without headgear and do full contact and for money and is considered professional. Now if you can do this i'll be glad to get a trainer and go at it.

Sorry chuckles. You'll have to do a bit of work on your own. That's part of learning. You want me to get in the ring and fight for you too? Uh uh.

But I highly doubt they are going to let me compete in full contact no headgear for money fights since I'm not even an adult yet.

Until you walk the walk you probably shouldn't talk the talk.

So why don't you think of something compatent to say and then post on this thread alright? Ok.

Oooh. Ya got me there pahdnuh!

Also there is no way in hell you can call yourself a professional boxer.

Well, I have been in the ring. And you? Oh that's right. You're riding your couch with the remote control. I never said I was a pro. I have fought at a semi-pro level though. But that's alright. I never heard of you either.

If you think you have the tiniest bit of skill to fight a real professional boxer not some state crap then go for it. I doubt you would last 4 rounds with anyone who considered himself a real athlete.

Maybe, maybe not. But I've been to the show.

Ya know, only 2 things come out of Grapevine Texas anyway. Rock Stars and homosexuals... and I don't own any of your albums.

Your turn.
:shrug:

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Gou, let's drop this. The truth is we are arguing with a teenager and if it was in person he probably wouldn't be so annoying.....and I think we are helping to piss off the moderators.

And this reminds me of a funny saying that goes..."arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded."

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

OP
C

Carbon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Kaith all I'm saying is that you regard my posts more and you don't even look at Gou's posts. I mean he is saying things twice as bad as what I say but no, you don't give me the slightest glance you just yell at me. The same thing happend with Kirk.

Now for Gou I will simple comment on what you said so to clarify.

"Amateur and the other was considered professional"

Well it was considered professional (which I doubt) and now your saying it semi-professional it can't be half inbetween. I've watched the toughman competitions and they are retarded.

Now you asked if I have ever been in a full contact competition? No, have I ever been in real fights? Yes.

Now you said I was trying to get you to do the work for me? Lol. I was stating that as an example that no organization in the world would let a kid box full contact.

I don't know what you meant when you said walk the walk when I wasn't even talking about fighting I was just saying that they wouldn't let me fight.

Also whens the last time your able to call yourself a professional boxer? Oh yes, anyone who steps into a "RING" is automatically assumed to be a professional boxer I forgot.

Oh and on the maybe you could stand up to a real boxer? Thats a definate no. Any professional boxer that is in the bottom rankings would probably have no trouble with you what so ever.

Now I am going to stop posting all together in this thread, and I hope the moderators delete this entire thread so we can move on and stop arguing since I do get tired of arguing.

I forgot to respond to daiman, Gou called himself a loser....and gou brought up his own expierience I didn't. I could care less, and for you to quote my signature is retarded..... thank you.

Daiman do you consider boxing to be a MA?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm locking this one.

Enough is enough.

I let this go this long in the hopes that cooler heads would prevail, but sadly, that doesn't appear to be so. The shots still fly, from many directions.

If this crap picks up in another thread, we're gonna start booting folks...I dont care if you've been here since the beginning, or signed up last week.

I suggest you re-read the forum rules in the mean time. This isn't romper room, Neither me, nor the other Mods are here to act like parents.

Carbon, I read everything in this thread. I do not want to be a hard ***, but I've suspended close personal friends in the past. I have no problems with removing disruptive influences that I don't personally know.

That goes for everyone. Carbons posts have been confrontational, but rather than try to calm things down, a few individuals felt they needed to fire back. Gee, take a shot at me, I'll bite back too. You could have just ignored it, you could have reported it to us and said "this guys a problem". What did we get? A wonderful back and forth flame fest. We let you folks go figuring cooler heads would prevail, and instead, the flames were just fanned, drownding out the few calming voices.

and then ya start asking where the mods are. We were here, watching, hoping that you folks would wise up. Especially those of you who've been here so long. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not on here 24/7, and I don't read every post. I cant.

This forum is what -you- make it. The mods here bust their asses keeping things running smoothly, and I spend a ton of time making sure things work, and tweaking and adding in new toys for everyone. Its threads like this that make me wonder why I spend 30 hrs a week on here, when I could be out training, or just having a life.

I happen to think we have the best MA forum online. Best mix of options, fora, toys and members. You are all better than this.

Now, enough is enough. This ones locked, and if it happens again, I won't be so lenient.

Good Day.

Bob Hubbard
MartialTalk Admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions