Should there be a regional section to this forum

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of the things I like about this board is that things are not separated regionally, because there are too many divisions of that sort already. If I want to find events in my area, I will find them - no matter how they are
listed. I can think of other ways to make it clear where an event is - asking people to put a state/province/country (as appropriate) in the thread title would do it nicely.

I like talking to people from all over without regard to where they are - I would not want to lose that because people are talking to people in their own region. There are TKD practitioners all over the world, and I enjoy getting multiple viewpoints; if I want to talk to people only in my region, I have other ways to contact them. I voted no.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have to vote no. My time on here are the late nights as i wind down. I do not want to have to search out Kempo in other regions. I like communicating with everyone in my Kempo family in the one section.
In Peace,
Jesse
ps- you can look at some other Martial forums that have made a point to divide into just one area and it does not get a lot of hits or comments.

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I am of two minds.

1) MT as it stands is very comcpact which encourages the search feature. This stops me getting the dreaded,

This has been brought up before see" insert thread link' or the more terse, 'He's around do a search.'

I like this because half the time I'm running off the new posts window. I have to occasionlly check where the thread is origionated from. We have a lot of cross links that make the whole setup seem in intergrated.

I would like the addition of announcement sections by aera.

I always see "So and So at such dojo <date/date>"

No idea if I can go there or if its close. At least if I saw it was the "cali" thread I may have a shot at it.

Of course I say this but the meet of MT in bufallo seems to still be being announced on the front page ;)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't particualrly like it. To divide up the board in to regions that are driving-distance size would mean a lot of subdividing.

Plus, we have a way of announcing our location in our profile.

People train in Martial Arts for different reasons. There may be some folks that don't want to reveal where they are from and may not be comfortable participating in a discussion that associates them with a sub-region of the country.

There is a thread on Kenpo talk right now that Bob posted on behalf of a non-member. The person in question has asked for Bob's help in finding a Kenpo school in Ohio. There were a few serious replies but the thread quicly dissolved in to my-region-is-great-but-your-region-sucks drivel.

Personally I don't think it's out of bounds for someone in, say, Georgia, to make a shout out and ask if there are any other MTers in (say) Georgia or Alabama. I don't really see a need for a forum.

But...that's just my opinion. $4 more and I can get coffee at Starbucks ;)

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I like it! Or at least have some sticky threads about where you're from in meet and greet or something. I'd like to hear what an admin has to say about it though.
icon14.gif

Slippery_Pete

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think it is a good idea. You could communicate more effectively about local tournaments and seminars that people could actually visit. By making an easy one-stop reference point, the information would be readily available.

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It would be nice to know who and what is within my region but I enjoy talking to everyone, across the country (or the world, for that matter).

Mariachi Joe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I live in Utah, if we breakup into regions it will get kind of lonelly in my neck of the woods.

Latest Discussions