This can't be good - unless you are a CEO that is

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think it's great news, insofar as the disclosure of this information illustrates the trend toward greater transparency and supply of relevant financial information.

In the end, free market will prevail: people, in this case investors, vote with their money. If shareholders become genuinely concerned, they'll exit those positions. With reduced demand for the stock, thus shall follow the share price. When that happens, watch for CEO compensation to follow.

The long and the short of it is that you need to pay for quality. CEOs, just like everyone else out there with vigor, work ethic, and confidence, will sell their time to the highest bidder. Presumably, the shareholder wins in the end with improved company, and thus stock, performance.

I have no issue with paying for quality. As long as CEO pay is a reflection of the value that their skills provide to shareholders, let them get paid.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm in the wrong field. That, or too honest. I don't make anywhere near that much, sheesh.,

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Bob Hubbard said:
I'm in the wrong field. That, or too honest. I don't make anywhere near that much, sheesh.,

Well you could always kill 2 birds with one stone....
Cut everyone’s pay severely and give yourself an outrageous raise :)

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
I think its great. The only thing I hope is in the future to have that kind of wealth without the exposure those guys get. Last thing I want is some family member crawling out from someplace with a magazine asking me for money.

Latest Discussions