the weather

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is way off any martial topic (unless you practice outside).
Yesterday it was in the mid 70's around my area today it's a;most 30 (f) and snowing like mad. Whats with the crazy weather this year. We had almost no snow all winter and now in the middle of April we get snow storms.
I'm sure glad I didn't plan on haveing students do an outside workout today. Personal I have worked out in worse conditions but I have a class made up of newbes for the most part and I figure have would quit or end up not showing up . Almost makes me wish I was back in Fl. or so. Ca.
Shadow:asian:

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I know how ya feel. I'm in upstate NY and I woke up to snow. ggggrrrrrrr:mad: I'm from NJ and it was never cold (or snowing) in May (or April for that matter) there.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, depending on the location around my home
today, it was either raining, snowing, sun shining
ot just cloudy.

Temperature was from 30 DegC to 50 DegC. All
depending on location and time of day.

It was crazy.

Rich
:soapbox:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terrible rain problems (way too much)--and we're a farm state. It's a real economic issue.

J

John Bridges

-Terrible rain problems in indiana huh?-

Please send us your rain, we've had 5 forest fires already this year and it's not fire season yet, we had to call in hotshots from other states couse ours where not even formed yet for this year. Bigtime drought this year for us, hoping for a really wild monsoon.

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
The more strange things happen, the more convinced I am that the human population as a whole has seriously screwed up the environment. We've had some major temperature swings here, too, in the recent past. One day it can reach a high of say 80 and you can wear shorts and the next the high can be below 60, back to needing slacks. And back up high again the following day. These 20+ degree temperature swings are awful. (P.S. those are fahrenheit.) I don't think we've had any kind of freak snowfalls or such, but the big temperature swings are very noticeable when they do occur. We need rain out here along the east coast, too. I think we've almost made up this year's deficit, but there's still an overall shortage from last year. The Weather Channel used to do the stats all the time -- like 4" below going back to Jan. 2002, but if you include the 12" deficit from last year to Jan. 2001, we're 16" below where we should be. As an aside -- we are having our kung fu classes outside in the summer now. :)

Latest Discussions