The value of kata

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I do concur with the sentiments encapsulated above, which eloquently lays out what has been suggested several times in this thread alone (let alone a number of others).

S_L, none of us like having to argue this point over and over and the aggrivation it's causing is a most unpleasant tension to gather.

I'm sure that most involved in this endless treadmill would not use 'negative rep' as a stick to beat you with, so it's not that type of reputation I'm speaking of when I say as kindly as I can that you are not doing yourself any favours by continuing as you are.

We know where you stand on this and you know where we stand. To continually resurrect it will only cause unnecessary disruption and that is not good for any of us.

Perfectly put, S. You're still on my rep stack, but I owe you more for this really excellent encapsulation of things. Of course neg rep shouldn't come into play here; it's simply a matter of being time to stop the seemingly endless repetition of a pattern which apparently benefits noone.

In chess, when you have a certain position on the board and a given sequence of moves from that position is repeated three times, yielding the identical postion the sequence started from, the game is declared a stalemate and is by rule declared over. I think we're kind of in that same situation here, and I think the same decision as in chess is appropriate.

Latest Discussions