the right size

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I want to order to eosin panther a embroided black belt but don't know the correct fize for it. My waist size is 44-46 talking about levis blue jeans but don't know what size of the black belt suits me better. Can you helpe me?

Manny

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Call or email them for exact guidance. I can tell you I have a 34'' waist and I wear their size 5. I imagine you would need at least a 7 and more likely an 8.

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thats the best advice, to call them. Its really going to matter as far as what you write on it. Nothing worse than your name or school being cut off in the knot. At the same time you want to avoid being so long that you get the dreaded eye flick.
Nothing worse than kicking with a belt whose tip smacks you in your own eye.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don't you take a piece of rope or an old belt or two, and figure out how long you want to be through some trial and error? That way, you can tell them you want a belt that's 2 meters or whatever... and ask what size that would be.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Our black belts are - unlike the color belts - sized in inches. I think he recommended lengths is around 3 times your circumfrence, plus/minus.

Do ask them the length of the belt. MY instructor actually opted for a shorter belt when he was promoted to 6th degree 'Master', I think the eye flick had something to do with it.

Aikicomp

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Manny,

I have a 32" waist and wear a size 5 (2" wide) and my belt comes down to just about mid thigh.

If it is the same owner who was in Clifton NJ, call or write him and he will help you out. I forget the gentlemans name but, whenever I went in to the shop he was very helpful and accomodating.

Michael

PS Eosin Panther make some REALLY nice belts.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
At the same time you want to avoid being so long that you get the dreaded eye flick.
Nothing worse than kicking with a belt whose tip smacks you in your own eye.

Taught me to keep my hands up
icon12.gif

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Manny,

I have a 32" waist and wear a size 5 (2" wide) and my belt comes down to just about mid thigh.

If it is the same owner who was in Clifton NJ, call or write him and he will help you out. I forget the gentlemans name but, whenever I went in to the shop he was very helpful and accomodating.

Michael

PS Eosin Panther make some REALLY nice belts.

It is the same company, & Mr. Vincent Yi still owns it. And you are very right. He is very helpful.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I want to order to eosin panther a embroided black belt but don't know the correct fize for it. My waist size is 44-46 talking about levis blue jeans but don't know what size of the black belt suits me better. Can you helpe me?

Manny

I'd say size 7 if you want it on the shorter side; size 8 if you want it on the longer side.

Just a guess.

garrisons2

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Manny, based on your waist size, I'd say you would be safe in ordering the biggest size they have; :)

Btw, good luck with your 2nd Dan testing

Last edited:

Latest Discussions