OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry about that - sudden work intrusion stopped play. I should've hit 'cancel' rather than 'submit' but fortunately I get the chance to elaborate after all.

Senjo, your assertions about the roots of power and Royal ascendancy are not wrong.

I'll pass by your initial sentences tho', until such time as I am more sure of how you mean them.

As to your last, that clause in there has the feeling of being for some very specific 'bridge burning' purposes so as to prevent back-sliding to a system sought to be left behind.

You'd be surprised tho' how reluctant some of the Founders were to let go of the security of loyalty to the Crown, so it was not a bad idea to forge a clean break. That way there was a chance of establishing something of their own rather than reprocessing the system they rebelled against.

I've always had my ponderings as to how much influence the French had at that time. Given the sheer scale of the help they'd given, it'd be surprising if they didn't want something in return. Severing all chance of a rapprochement with the Monarchy would've sat well with them I'm sure.

However, intriguing as historical revisionism can be, it's not really relevant to the topic of how relevant to politics in todays world the Royal Family is. So I shall stop de-railing my own thread :D :eek:.

Latest Discussions