The question of "gay" marrage

What is Marrage, and is it the Feds place to define it? MULTIPLE CHOICE POLL!

• Marrage is 1 male & 1 female

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Marrage is 1 couple genders not important

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Marrage is a personal choice, not a governmental policy

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Marrage should be defined by the states

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Marrage should be defined by the federal govenment

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Marrage should be deffined by my own personal beliefs, not the government

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This topic is being discussed in depth here:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12963

This poll is a simple testing of the waters. I ask that noone comment further in this thread, but instead do so in the above link.

Questions:

Is marrage 1guy & 1 girl, or is it 2 people?

Is it the place of the federal government to define this?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please note: This is a Multiple Choice Poll. So, you can pick all that apply. :)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do not for get those religions that allow fro more then one wife.

I think it is personal issue. you taxes and heirs should not be determined by this state of religous marriage. From a state recognized union maybe?

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
What's next?...marry your dog?....your hamster?....your sister? ......your car?....your mama?...hey...it's up to one's own beliefs.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ender said:
What's next?...marry your dog?....your hamster?....your sister? ......your car?....your mama?...hey...it's up to one's own beliefs.

Two rules...

1. Do what thou wilt
2. If it harm none do what thou wilt

Of which do you subscribe?

qizmoduis

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Ender said:

Well, I've known quite a few people who, if given the choice, probably WOULD marry their car/cars.

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ender said:

He's automatically talking about beastiality, and automobile...iality :))) and incest.... and we are worried about the people who just want to make their union of love legally recognized in a nation of freedom? :)

Who should we really be watching here?

(DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A PARAPHRASING OF A COMEDIC AT THAT PRESENTED ITSELF AS OPPORTUNE. THE OPINION OF THE POSTER AND THOSE WHO COMMENT ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY)

Paul M

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
qizmoduis said:
Well, I've known quite a few people who, if given the choice, probably WOULD marry their car/cars.
I'm married to my computer.

The hamster and I are just friends. :)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
loki09789 said:
(DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A PARAPHRASING OF A COMEDIC AT THAT PRESENTED ITSELF AS OPPORTUNE. THE OPINION OF THE POSTER AND THOSE WHO COMMENT ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY)

Paul M
Hmmmm? Not to be taken seriously ;) Does this disclaimer apply to other posts as well? :D

Just Kidding.

I like my vehicles, and care for my pet(s), and would not wish for them to be harmed. Yet, I would miss my pet Cat the most. No funny comments :p

And what Paul Said, "And Those who Comment" :cool:

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
upnorthkyosa said:
Two rules...

1. Do what thou wilt
2. If it harm none do what thou wilt

Of which do you subscribe?

I don't have to follow your rules...it's what I beleive..*L...of course I was talking totally tongue in cheek......

my real opinion would be to outlaw ALL marriages!!...flee while you can!!

heretic888

Senior Master
Reaction score
Marriage, per se, is a religious insitution. The government does not have the right to dictate to any church, mosque, temple, monastery, or whatever what they can and can't do (provided they aren't harming anyone) --- including marriage.

If a church condones those marriages, then good for it. If it doesn't, then also good for it. That's called freedom of religion, folks.

Now, regarding the legal and political rights and priveleges associated with marriage ---- I believe that everyone should have equal rights here. After all, its only fair. ;)

Laterz.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
heretic888 said:
Marriage, per se, is a religious insitution. The government does not have the right to dictate to any church, mosque, temple, monastery, or whatever what they can and can't do (provided they aren't harming anyone) --- including marriage.

If a church condones those marriages, then good for it. If it doesn't, then also good for it. That's called freedom of religion, folks.

Now, regarding the legal and political rights and priveleges associated with marriage ---- I believe that everyone should have equal rights here. After all, its only fair. ;)

Laterz.

Agreed. That's why Canada is in the process of redrafting the legislation regarding marriage to allow same sex marriages and is having the Supreme Court look over the language stating that religious are free to NOT perform such ceremonies to ensure that the new legislation will stand up to constitutional challenges.

Latest Discussions