Catholics are Chritstians!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok people I have heared people say talk about catholics and christians being differnt. Heres some news they aren't. Catholics are christians. Protestants are chritsians. I invite anybody to challange this. You can even play devils advocate and challange this.
Either I will have started a bigg messy fight or this will go no where. Lets try to be abit respectfull on this.

S

ShaolinWolf

Ok, I'd love to debate with you over this, but I seriously don't have the time...say what you will...but history proves it...and Also, did I say that all catholics are not Christians?...no...I said that a lot of Catholics are not christians...they just call themselves that because of their doctrine...and I'm not going to say anymore and this whole topic is just an outburst of mixed feelings...lol...I could start a whole debate on so many theoligical things and religions, but I'm not...AND YES ALOT OF CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS, but the real question that excludes what religion you come from is, whether or not you call yourself a Christian does not mean you are one...it's whether you have accepted Christ as Personal Lord and Savior...it can go many ways, even into baptist...I know some Baptist(I'm a Southern Baptist only by church because I believe in it's doctrine being sound) who are now becoming calvinists...even their church...so, it all comes down to acceptance of Christ as personal Lord and Saviour and believing he died...

AGAIN, THIS IS A STUPID AND POINTLESS THREAD...Just say if you if you have accepted Christ and all...then there is not need to argue...

A

Andi

But Christians aren't (always) Catholic.

And not all "Christians" are Christians.

A lot of the MA threads on this board revolving around "what style is better" resolve themselves when everybody realises that it's the practitioner that makes the difference as to being a good martial artist, not necessarily the art itself. I think that's fairly analagous to this "Catholic v Protestant" debate.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Shaolin Wolf.

I am just going to say a few things, then I am done with the conversation.

First of all, I am Catholic. I am Christian also (not that there is a distinction, but I am clearing this up).

As a fellow Christian I will say that I don't like it when other Christians are judgemental, exclusive rather then inclusive, or willing to generalize hastily without proper tact or thought. You come across this way. Also your view on history comes accrossed as very narrow, as is your view on "the big picture" of religion in general.

The result with is you turn good people away from wanting to explore Christianity, and you fulfill the stereotypes that have kept people away from your faith. This is hardly Christian.

At some point you have to look in the mirror and decide if bantering in a way that only means to elevate yourself above others because of your faith is really worth turning people off and away from your faith. If I were you, I'd decide what's really important before typing. Perhaps with some thought, you'll realize that there is a different way to go about things, history isn't black and white, and perhaps there are a lot of answers and truths out there other then yours (that aren't condeming).

I think you have quite a lot of research to do yet.

If you want to talk further on the subject, you can PM me you ph# and we can talk.

Otherwise, I am done addressing you on the subject.

PAUL

:ultracool
PAUL

S

ShaolinWolf

See, Kaith I'm sorry...I didn't mean to irresponsibly spout on the other forum...And I thought you agreed with them that Catholics were all Christian...not lashing out at you, but I thought you said that...

anyways...yeah, both ways work, not all Christians are Christians...like I said it all comes down to the common denominator...well, that's my belief...shared by alot of people I know...ok, by Billy Graham too...lol...but he's retired...

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ShaolinWolf said:
See, Kaith I'm sorry...I didn't mean to irresponsibly spout on the other forum...And I thought you agreed with them that Catholics were all Christian...not lashing out at you, but I thought you said that...
Naw, I didn't take it as a lash. I mighta...will have to check. :)

anyways...yeah, both ways work, not all Christians are Christians...like I said it all comes down to the common denominator...well, that's my belief...shared by alot of people I know...ok, by Billy Graham too...lol...but he's retired...
Hey, Billy was a heck of a wrestler in his day. ;)
Ok, I know who you are talking about (it aint the wrasler), and he's the only tv evangelist I have any real respect for.

Peace. :)

S

ShaolinWolf

And also, I didn't not say CATHOLICS CAN NOT BE CHRISTIANS...geez, do not misquote me again...EVER!!!...geez...everyone keeps misquoting me...lol...I meant that alot of Catholics aren't Christian and join just to be called a catholic...other than that...I'm not calling youAnd another thing...nobody has answered my question...aside from mocking me and bickering that I'm on some high horse...What do you define as a Christian?...I define it as the minimum of having a personal relationship with Christ Jesus and also believing that he died and rose again and that you are a sinner and he died for you...that's the minimum where alot of people stop...I AM NOT INSINUATING ANYTHING!!!!!...I'm just saying some people...NOT YOU!!!!...I'm just saying that I haven't heard any actual definitions...and that I hear so much banter about being Christian and then people do the same worldly carnal things, and then when you ask them about being Christian, they say they do good stuff and God will let them into Heaven...That's not the case...it's a matter of FAITH...anyways...I don't mean to lash out at anybody in particular but you have taken it personal for plenty of reasons, rather than cooly and calmly given me the actual definition of a Christian...

Aside from all that, Christians are more than just saying ok, I'm going to Heaven and that's it...I'm not saying that's good at all...I don't mean it to be condemning, and Its just I've been pushed there every once in a while...and if we aren't bold, then what are we?...oh, let's tolerate everything and just be a good person and world...hmmm...well, I don't see why this should carry on anymore seeing as it just causes disunity...as if there wasn't enough...anyways...I'm sorry the way things have come out, and I try not to sound condemning...and I don't mean to disrespect you...and also it was all just my opinion...it's just my opinion got conversational...and it's amazing how many people love the challenge...or so it seems...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ShaolinWolf said:
And also, I didn't not say CATHOLICS CAN NOT BE CHRISTIANS...geez, do not misquote me again...EVER!!!...geez...everyone keeps misquoting me...lol...I meant that alot of Catholics aren't Christian and join just to be called a catholic...other than that...I'm not calling youAnd another thing...nobody has answered my question...aside from mocking me and bickering that I'm on some high horse...What do you define as a Christian?...I define it as the minimum of having a personal relationship with Christ Jesus and also believing that he died and rose again and that you are a sinner and he died for you...that's the minimum where alot of people stop...I AM NOT INSINUATING ANYTHING!!!!!...I'm just saying some people...NOT YOU!!!!...I'm just saying that I haven't heard any actual definitions...and that I hear so much banter about being Christian and then people do the same worldly carnal things, and then when you ask them about being Christian, they say they do good stuff and God will let them into Heaven...That's not the case...it's a matter of FAITH...anyways...I don't mean to lash out at anybody in particular but you have taken it personal for plenty of reasons, rather than cooly and calmly given me the actual definition of a Christian...

Aside from all that, Christians are more than just saying ok, I'm going to Heaven and that's it...I'm not saying that's good at all...I don't mean it to be condemning, and Its just I've been pushed there every once in a while...and if we aren't bold, then what are we?...oh, let's tolerate everything and just be a good person and world...hmmm...well, I don't see why this should carry on anymore seeing as it just causes disunity...as if there wasn't enough...anyways...I'm sorry the way things have come out, and I try not to sound condemning...and I don't mean to disrespect you...and also it was all just my opinion...it's just my opinion got conversational...and it's amazing how many people love the challenge...or so it seems...
Sir,

You can say the same for Baptists, and Methods, and the Church of England and the Greek Orthadox, and the list goes on and on and on, ..., that they are not Christians. They follow or say they follow a Christian Belief system, yet they do not show or act the proper Christian way.

Now if this is true, then let me say this. By your presentation here alone, you are not a Christian either. Now I take it on faith that you are as you state you are. Yet, you comments and views are very unChristian like in my book.

And A thread is never pointless and stupid if it resoves an issue. You have made a point numerous times yet you will not site data or facts to prove it or to explain it. It is obvious to you, but not to us, as we are not inside your brain. I, PAUL and others have also studied History, and we can go and agree that some of the people were bad.

I think this might have helped me understand you point.

S

ShaolinWolf

Paul, I'm ignoring that, because I know I'm a Christian, but you are avoiding my question...WHAT DO YOU DEFINE AS A CHRISTIAN?!...lol...sorry to shout but I am as of yet to get a clear answer from anybody on this forums...lol...anyways, who are you to define whether I'm a Christian or not...If I've stated what I've done to become a Christian, I am the only one, other than God who knows the truth about me...and to say that I'm not a Christian...yes, I lashed out in anger, and I don't know how many times I must say sorry...and no I have not called anyone in here not a Christian...you all just assumed that...and took it personal...yet you call me nonchristian...so, you seriously need to look yourself in the mirror...I'm sorry I've come accross and lashed out, and I admit I could have taken a better approach...but I've not been given a good answer as of yet...so, I'm still waiting to understand your understanding of what a Christian is...and just because I've lashed out several times and irresponsibly, how can you call me a nonchristian...CHRISTIAN'S DO SIN TOO!!! WE ARE NOT PERFECT!!!...I love God and I know he didn't really like my lashing outs, but he does forgive us...I'm no saint at all...by far...and I say sorry...Christians do say sorry...hello!...

Anyways, it's amazing that you have to lash out now, and tell me I'm not a Christian...I've analyzed my actions earlier and am sorry how I said stuff and for part of what I said, but it's my opinion...

S

ShaolinWolf

And what is the True Christian way if Baptists and such are not Christians? hmmm...answer me that?

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is pretty amazing ... this whole Catholic / Christian discussion.

The word catholic means 'Universal'. Certainly, it is arrogant of a church to claim for itself universality, that it is just a name.

2000 years ago, a young man, a carpenter by trade, left his family business, his brothers and sisters, and travelled about the country side for a few years. He taught his neighbors that it is better to love than to hate. And, yes, even though their country was subject to a foreign, occupying force, all could live happy healthy lives by caring more for each other than fighting against the occupiers. You can read the entire written record of what he said in less than two hours. Much of it is very good advice. And should you choose to follow that advice, you will probably be a better person for it. His name was Joshua, son of Joseph. Some have called him Jesus.

I suppose, if you follow his teachings, you are a follower of Jesus. Isn't that what it means to be a Christian.

Isn't all the rest just fighting about whether you should put ketchup on a hot dog?

Mike

S

ShaolinWolf

Mike said:
I suppose, if you follow his teachings, you are a follower of Jesus. Isn't that what it means to be a Christian.

Isn't all the rest just fighting about whether you should put ketchup on a hot dog?

Mike
Well, that's basically what I believe...lol...I could have said that in the first place...heheh...instead of lashing out and causing this whole debate spanning from 2-3 different forums...yeah...so basically what I believe is that if you are a true christian, no matter what religion you have, as long as it isn't islamic, buddhist, hindu, etc. ...such under the Christian category, being one who believes in God and has accepted Christ as personal Lord and saviour and all that I have said in the post above, then you are a Christian...plain and simple...good works and stuff won't get you into heaven, there is one word faith...so, to say that Catholics aren't Christians is to say Baptists aren't Christians...the only dividing line is that I've met plenty of Catholic churches that preach the way I've mentioned in a bunch of posts in the other threads...but like I said, not all Catholics are Christians...it's just a debate...and I have alot of Catholics friends who are Christian...so, it all depends on the doctrine you follow...some lead you in Christ to Salvation and some lead you to other ways of getting to Heaven that is not truee...the only way to Heaven is Redemption through the holy Blood of Jesus Christ...that's what I believe...

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ShaolinWolf said:
Well, that's basically what I believe...lol...I could have said that in the first place...heheh...instead of lashing out and causing this whole debate spanning from 2-3 different forums...yeah...so basically what I believe is that if you are a true christian, no matter what religion you have, as long as it isn't islamic, buddhist, hindu, etc. ...such under the Christian category, being one who believes in God and has accepted Christ as personal Lord and saviour and all that I have said in the post above, then you are a Christian...plain and simple...good works and stuff won't get you into heaven, there is one word faith...so, to say that Catholics aren't Christians is to say Baptists aren't Christians...the only dividing line is that I've met plenty of Catholic churches that preach the way I've mentioned in a bunch of posts in the other threads...but like I said, not all Catholics are Christians...it's just a debate...and I have alot of Catholics friends who are Christian...so, it all depends on the doctrine you follow...some lead you in Christ to Salvation and some lead you to other ways of getting to Heaven that is not truee...the only way to Heaven is Redemption through the holy Blood of Jesus Christ...that's what I believe...
Wolf,

You state you are a Christian I have to accept that.

Yet, How do you know for sure that those Catholics you say are not Christians have not really accept Jesus Christ as their Savior? How do you know? Have they told you? Are they children who do not understand the question?

And I am not upset with you. I am just trying to converse with you, with out being called a non christian or told I am going to hell. I am not mad nor is my Blood pressure raised.

S

ShaolinWolf

ok for the last time, I didn't point anybody out about that at all...geez...I was just mentioning things...and I never said anybody was not a Christian...it was just a comment...and yes, I'm trying to keep the comments down...sorry...I kind got unleashed on here...yeah, I'm still going to be intolerant of other religions that don't accept Christ as Personal Lord and Saviour...and I'm still not getting a straight answer...lol...heck I'm not getting any answer at all...what about? What do you believe it takes to become a Christian?...hopefully this won't be an open question without any answers...lol

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ShaolinWolf said:
ok for the last time, I didn't point anybody out about that at all...geez...I was just mentioning things...and I never said anybody was not a Christian...it was just a comment...and yes, I'm trying to keep the comments down...sorry...I kind got unleashed on here...yeah, I'm still going to be intolerant of other religions that don't accept Christ as Personal Lord and Saviour...and I'm still not getting a straight answer...lol...heck I'm not getting any answer at all...what about? What do you believe it takes to become a Christian?...hopefully this won't be an open question without any answers...lol
A Christian is someone who believes in Christ in the appropriate way according to their formalized system.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ShaolinWolf said:
?!

GAAAAH!!!! why did I even ask...well there was some hope there...
What did you expect from me? I am the one that accepts others. I do not pass judgement, nor do I assume they are right or wrong.

I am also the Christian who also claims to be the Zen Christian (* It really does not exist *) as Zen is a personal path, so I look at anyones' path with their religion. No matter what that path may be.

:asian:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions