The Perfect Weapon Form

OP
Kenpo Mama

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Gin-Gin said:
It's one of my favorite movies too (not the dialogue, just the Kenpo stuff and the fact that Mr. Parker worked on it also). It's interesting how many actors who are famous now were in it as well.....anyway, the weird thing is, I saw it in the theatre when it first came out (I was in college on a date with some guy) and then years later, when I enrolled in a Kenpo school & saw a picture of Mr. Speakman I told my fellow students, "I've seen a movie with that guy in it. Who is he?" Boy, did I get an earful.....so maybe seeing that film years ago was foreshadowing the future.....;D
Hey Gin-Gin, one of my favorite lines from the movie - when kim talks about enrolling jeff in a kenpo school and the father says - "not one of those hippie schools????" I just roll on the floor! I also saw the movie before i started kenpo and i still remember thinking it looked mighty awesome! Especially when he beats the couch up with the sticks! I've often had furniture i wanted to do that to.

Peace,

Kenpo Mama :ultracool

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kenpo Mama said:
Hey Gin-Gin, one of my favorite lines from the movie - when kim talks about enrolling jeff in a kenpo school and the father says - "not one of those hippie schools????" I just roll on the floor! I also saw the movie before i started kenpo and i still remember thinking it looked mighty awesome! Especially when he beats the couch up with the sticks! I've often had furniture i wanted to do that to.

Peace,

Kenpo Mama :ultracool

You're right, Kenpo Mama--how could I forget the "it's not one of those hippie schools is it" line? It's a classic, and still cracks me up!! :rofl:

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Mark Weiser said:
If anyone has a VCR with a S plug & in the back of their video and sound card they can hook up the VCR to the computer and download the movie to HD and then burn it to the DVD Recorder.

Things you need on PC ( I maybe missing somethings here but it will get the thoughts flowing lol)
  • DVD Recorder
  • 128 MB Video Card with S Video Plug
  • Surround Sound Card
  • DVD Recording Software
  • 100 MB Storage Space to place Movie on HD

I have a VHS DVD Recorder. That is the way I have converted all of my Kenpo seminars of Mr. Parker so they are perserved.

V/R
Rick English

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Mark Weiser said:
If anyone has a VCR with a S plug & in the back of their video and sound card they can hook up the VCR to the computer and download the movie to HD and then burn it to the DVD Recorder.

Things you need on PC ( I maybe missing somethings here but it will get the thoughts flowing lol)
  • DVD Recorder
  • 128 MB Video Card with S Video Plug
  • Surround Sound Card
  • DVD Recording Software
  • 100 MB Storage Space to place Movie on HD

This may be obvious but before anyone wastes an afternoon....that's svideo in not svideo out! Lots of video cards have svideo out (so you can watch stuff thats on your computer on your TV) but only more expensive ones have svideo in that lets you do video capture, such as nVidia VIVO cards.

Ian.

O

Olethros

I've recorded the form into a .mmv file. It's around 1.2MB so the quality is not that good but good enough so you can study the form. If anyone has a suggestion on how to upload and share the file....

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Olethros said:
I've recorded the form into a .mmv file. It's around 1.2MB so the quality is not that good but good enough so you can study the form. If anyone has a suggestion on how to upload and share the file....

There are 3 ways.

1. Contact Kaith Rustaz and see if he has a place here on MT

2. Start an email list for anyone that would liek a copy.

3. Post it on a webpage.

At worst you can send it to me and i could post it on my site and ,make it downloadble.

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kenpo Mama said:
Ah yes, *cues the theme song* - *removes furniture and some articles of clothing* - "I GOT THE POWER"! Life is good!

Kenpo Mama:ultracool

That pic is from my web cam. That is the original movie poster which is also autographed up his leg.

OP
Kenpo Mama

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
That pic is from my web cam. That is the original movie poster which is also autographed up his leg.
OMG!!! How did i miss that? Very cool piece of kenpo memorablilia Rob.

And great suggestions for Olethros .mmv file. I hope this works out. Thanks Rob.

Kenpo Mama (Donna) :ultracool

OP
Kenpo Mama

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Olethros said:
This sounds terrific, i would really love to see it. Rob has made some suggestions to make it accessible, hope this works out, i know i for one would love to see it.

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Olethros said:

man that sounds great. i'd love to get a copy of it. PM me if you can, lets make transfer arrangements.

if you'd like here is my msn messenger ID. maybe we could transfer that way...?

[email protected]

thanks again for your efforts

M

Mark Weiser

I think it should be made available as a downloadable file here on MT. That would rock!!

O

Olethros

Just sent the file to Rob Broad. I suppose you should expect the link.

Note that you have to increase the brightness to see clearly. Sorry guys, it is from an old videotape, had to keep the size low.... don't shoot me!

Sapper6 - If this doesn't work, we'll do that transfer.

OP
Kenpo Mama

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
I just put the link for downloading the clip on my website. Here is a quick link http://dynamickenpo.tripod.com/id32.html if that doesn't work for you go to http://dynamickenp.tripod.com it is in the Galleries page.
Rob thanks so much for posting the downloadable clip. Now we can all watch it as often as we like!

Also thank you to Olethros for the great effort to get this to us. It is a little dark, but i kept lightening the screen and i could see just fine.

Finished up the form today in class, now i gotta' WORK IT! I'll let ya know how it goes.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
I just put the link for downloading the clip on my website. Here is a quick link http://dynamickenpo.tripod.com/id32.html if that doesn't work for you go to http://dynamickenp.tripod.com it is in the Galleries page.
Excellent. Thank you.

You know, I just realized that I have the Perfect Weapon and I could have made that clip as well.

I might try since yours has the lines in it. I'll post it if I'm successful.

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
Thank you to Olethros, we are all very appreciative of your work.
Yes, thank you. If I can make one that is brighter I'll post it for everyone. I think my tape has only been watched 2-3 times. I'm not sure what shape it is in but I did buy it new.

I guess I could put it on DVD before it gets too bad?

Latest Discussions