The Perfect Weapon Form

OP
Kenpo Mama

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
mj-hi-yah said:
Thanks for that Rob! And uh...Donna is it getting :angry: hot in here?
He is quite the specimen! Lets roll that one more time! Just have to see that section of thrusting lance! the tech i mean!!!! Uh-oh - that was the bad Donna!

Peace,

Donna :ultracool

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kenpo Mama said:
He is quite the specimen! Lets roll that one more time! Just have to see that section of thrusting lance! the tech i mean!!!! Uh-oh - that was the bad Donna!

Peace,

Hee hee hee hee he...now I see why you want us to keep this on our desktops! :D

OP
Kenpo Mama

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
mj-hi-yah said:
Hee hee hee hee he...now I see why you want us to keep this on our desktops! :D

BWAHHHAAAAAHHAAAA! My plan has worked! Now desktops all across martial talk will have "the ULTIMATE power!"

Donna

OP
Kenpo Mama

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
Ladies if you quit rubbing your thighs together that feeling will go away.
But Rob, honestly i just want to be able to slow it down to watch the form! And i've been practicing a lot of back-kicks today - aren't you supposed to rub your thighs together when you back-kick? Huh????

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kenpo Mama said:
BWAHHHAAAAAHHAAAA! My plan has worked! Now desktops all across martial talk will have "the ULTIMATE power!"

Donna
Donna seriously, great challenge for you. Maybe you can document the moves.

And Rob...:whip: down boy!!!

OP
Kenpo Mama

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
mj-hi-yah said:
Donna seriously, great challenge for you. Maybe you can document the moves.

And Rob...:whip: down boy!!!
Already working on it! Just want to get the transitions to feel more fluid and yes, i'll get it all down on paper.

Donna

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just saved it for, uh, future reference -- ?! Asked my older son to help me do it - and all he wanted to know was why I was saving such 'dumb' music. Guess I won't have to share the file with anyone *smiles slyly*.

Seriously, thanks guys. KT

OP
Kenpo Mama

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
SpLaTz said:
That movie is what motivated me to find a Kenpo school. :)
I think the same can be said for a lot of folks around these kenpo parts!!!! Welcome to the forum SpLaTz!!! Enjoy!

Kenpo Mama :ultracool

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Kenpo Mama said:

Donna
If you download XP Powertoy you can save it as a Screensaver from your videos. I've got a classic vintage Kenpo tape from 76 that I use as mine and it runs continuously until you hit the mouse or key after it starts.

DarK LorD

OP
Kenpo Mama

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
If you download XP Powertoy you can save it as a Screensaver from your videos. I've got a classic vintage Kenpo tape from 76 that I use as mine and it runs continuously until you hit the mouse or key after it starts.

DarK LorD
Thanks DKL, I'll give a whirl! Your vintage kenpo tape sounds pretty cool. Wonder who's in it????

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Kenpo Mama said:
Thanks DKL, I'll give a whirl! Your vintage kenpo tape sounds pretty cool. Wonder who's in it????

A very young Frank Trejo and a few others, you probably wouldn't recognize their names and I can't remember most of them LOL.

DarK LorD

OP
Kenpo Mama

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
A very young Frank Trejo and a few others, you probably wouldn't recognize their names and I can't remember most of them LOL.

DarK LorD
Back in the day - Eh? Mr. Trejo, wow, i've seen some photos of him way back when and - well - he's just awesome! I can't even imagine what it must have been like in those days to train in kenpo. Have a great evening DKL!

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
My ex (Former Kenpoist, introduced me to the lifestyle) told me that Mr. Speakman did many more techs with the sticks on the couch, but it ended up cut with a lop of..five..swords ifn' I remember right. She claimes he almost walked out due to it. I've memorized the dialouge to this movie. I love this movie. I blame this movie! HEHE

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Kenpo Mama said:
I hope Mr. Conaster gets a chance to respond to this thread and maybe add some insight into what the thoughts were on the choreography of the form and also what was "left behind" in the actual film.
Thanks again, Good Journey, Kenpo Mama (Donna) :asian:
Thanks for asking..... The "form" in The Perfect Weapon as already been stated is not really a form at all but rather what Mr. Parker called "babbling with motion" as Mr. Billings stated it was more or less a combination of several forms or techniques woven together into what ... I guess you could call a "form" loosely. I never thought of it as a form..... but I guess you could do it for fun. :) All of our traditional curriculum has much thought in it and done for a reason... but this "exercise" that appeared in the movie was a result of learning many of those and creating a sequence for fun..... err a movie. LOL....... this can be/is done today many times for tournaments and pleasure by many.

As to "behind the scenes" info on the film or cuts that didn't make the production... I have none.... I was not on set. sorry.....

:asian:

OP
Kenpo Mama

Kenpo Mama

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Goldendragon7 said:
Thanks for asking..... The "form" in The Perfect Weapon as already been stated is not really a form at all but rather what Mr. Parker called "babbling with motion" as Mr. Billings stated it was more or less a combination of several forms or techniques woven together into what ... I guess you could call a "form" loosely. I never thought of it as a form..... but I guess you could do it for fun. :) All of our traditional curriculum has much thought in it and done for a reason... but this "exercise" that appeared in the movie was a result of learning many of those and creating a sequence for fun..... err a movie. LOL....... this can be/is done today many times for tournaments and pleasure by many.

As to "behind the scenes" info on the film or cuts that didn't make the production... I have none.... I was not on set. sorry.....

:asian:
Thank you Mr. Conaster for responding and sharing your thoughts on this ...errr - form. I like Mr. Parker's reference to "babbling with motion". I guess loosely i have formulated my own thoughts on this fun exercise, "The Perfect Weapon" showing the defenses against gun, knife & club attacks, and adding some other kenpo classic techs to show that the individual performer in essence becomes the Perfect Weapon using the empty handed techs.

Well that's just my opinion of the motion depicted... and it really is cool to watch. Thank you again,

Respectfully,

Kenpo Mama (Donna) :asian:

Latest Discussions