The Pentagon's Propaganda Unit

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This article will really make you question what you are reading on the internet...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6100906.stm

The US defence department has set up a new unit to better promote its message across 24-hour rolling news outlets, and particularly on the internet.

The Pentagon said the move would boost its ability to counter "inaccurate" news stories and exploit new media.

MT members should pay attention to this...

The unit would reportedly monitor media such as weblogs and would also employ "surrogates", or top politicians or lobbyists who could be interviewed on TV and radio shows.

Monitoring the Web? Use of surrogates? Correcting the message? Not to be paranoid, but this opens the door to the question, "who is REALLY posting certain messages?"

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Isn't that where the memory hole is? ;) In fact, I am sure that is where Winston works! :D

SHHHH!! Bigshadow, you swore you wouldn't say a word about that! ;)

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
At least I can be secure in the knowledge that the Pentagon can find nothing disagreeable in MY posts. LOL! :)

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
By the way, has anyone heard from upnorthkyosa since he started this thread?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
By the way, has anyone heard from upnorthkyosa since he started this thread?

Nope, But then I would not be too worried,

Wait there is a knock on my door , I will be right back, ...

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Come on guys...you can trust that its really me on the other side of the screen...and not just some facsimile agent...

Surrogate...I mean.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seriously though, sounds like the Pentagons PR is finally in the 21st Century now. Other govt. agencies have been doing that as well as a lot of corporations.

Jeff

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is no different then what's been done in the past...it is just being updated for the 21st Century.
I think I read somewhere a while back how Walt Disney used to make propeganda films for the US during WW1 or WW2. I think some of them might even be on those new Disney character DVD's being released in the last few years "from the vaults".....

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
*passes out the tinfoil hats to everyone here*

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'll put on the tinfoil hat, but only because it looks soooo good on me. :)

I put the shiny side to the inside on my hat because I still get adequate protection, plus it helps my thoughts bounce around a little more. Despite this, people still claim the dull part is still inside my hat. I'm still trying to figure that one out. Are they blind?

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
I put the shiny side to the inside on my hat because I still get adequate protection, plus it helps my thoughts bounce around a little more. Despite this, people still claim the dull part is still inside my hat. I'm still trying to figure that one out. Are they blind?
They're just trying to confuse you, man... It's all part of their plan!