Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Say GoodBye!

Slashdot:
RalphTWaP writes "Tuesday, there wasn't even a fuss. Wednesday, the world was a little different. By executive order, the Secretary of the Treasury may now seize the property of any person who undermines efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq. The Secretary may make his determination in secret and after the fact." There hasn't been much media notice of this; the UK's Guardian has an article explaining how the new authority will only be used to go after terrorists.

On the orders of his Imperial Majesty:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Executive Order: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq [/FONT]

release_tools_icons_rss.gif
White House News

icon_release_infocus.gif
Message to the Congress of the United States Regarding International Emergency Economic Powers Act

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, as amended (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.)(IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.)(NEA), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code,
I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, find that, due to the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by acts of violence threatening the peace and stability of Iraq and undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq and to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people, it is in the interests of the United States to take additional steps with respect to the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, and expanded in Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, and relied upon for additional steps taken in Executive Order 13350 of July 29, 2004, and Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004. I hereby order:
Section 1. (a) Except to the extent provided in section 203(b)(1), (3), and (4) of IEEPA (50 U.S.C. 1702(b)(1), (3), and (4)), or in regulations, orders, directives, or licenses that may be issued pursuant to this order, and notwithstanding any contract entered into or any license or permit granted prior to the date of this order, all property and interests in property of the following persons, that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of United States persons, are blocked and may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in: any person determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense,
(i) to have committed, or to pose a significant risk of committing, an act or acts of violence that have the purpose or effect of:
(A) threatening the peace or stability of Iraq or the Government of Iraq; or
(B) undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq or to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people;
(ii) to have materially assisted, sponsored, or provided financial, material, logistical, or technical support for, or goods or services in support of, such an act or acts of violence or any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order; or
(iii) to be owned or controlled by, or to have acted or purported to act for or on behalf of, directly or indirectly, any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order.
(b) The prohibitions in subsection (a) of this section include, but are not limited to, (i) the making of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services by, to, or for the benefit of any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order, and (ii) the receipt of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services from any such person.
Sec. 2. (a) Any transaction by a United States person or within the United States that evades or avoids, has the purpose of evading or avoiding, or attempts to violate any of the prohibitions set forth in this order is prohibited.
(b) Any conspiracy formed to violate any of the prohibitions set forth in this order is prohibited.
Sec. 3. For purposes of this order:
(a) the term "person" means an individual or entity;
(b) the term "entity" means a partnership, association, trust, joint venture, corporation, group, subgroup, or other organization; and
(c) the term "United States person" means any United States citizen, permanent resident alien, entity organized under the laws of the United States or any jurisdiction within the United States (including foreign branches), or any person in the United States.
Sec. 4. I hereby determine that the making of donations of the type specified in section 203(b)(2) of IEEPA (50 U.S.C. 1702(b)(2)) by, to, or for the benefit of, any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order would seriously impair my ability to deal with the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303 and expanded in Executive Order 13315, and I hereby prohibit such donations as provided by section 1 of this order.
Sec. 5. For those persons whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order who might have a constitutional presence in the United States, I find that, because of the ability to transfer funds or other assets instantaneously, prior notice to such persons of measures to be taken pursuant to this order would render these measures ineffectual. I therefore determine that for these measures to be effective in addressing the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303 and expanded in Executive Order 13315, there need be no prior notice of a listing or determination made pursuant to section 1(a) of this order.
Sec. 6. The Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense, is hereby authorized to take such actions, including the promulgation of rules and regulations, and to employ all powers granted to the President by IEEPA as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this order. The Secretary of the Treasury may redelegate any of these functions to other officers and agencies of the United States Government, consistent with applicable law. All agencies of the United States Government are hereby directed to take all appropriate measures within their authority to carry out the provisions of this order and, where appropriate, to advise the Secretary of the Treasury in a timely manner of the measures taken.
Sec. 7. Nothing in this order is intended to affect the continued effectiveness of any rules, regulations, orders, licenses, or other forms of administrative action issued, taken, or continued in effect heretofore or hereafter under 31 C.F.R. chapter V, except as expressly terminated, modified, or suspended by or pursuant to this order.
Sec. 8. This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right, benefit, or privilege, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, instrumentalities, or entities, its officers or employees, or any other person.
GEORGE W. BUSH
THE WHITE HOUSE,
July 17, 2007.

Now, other than further removing our rights as declared by our nations founders...what does this do, really?

I do have one other question: Did Dubya understand all the big words or did Dead Eye Dick explain it to him?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh ...

My ...

Gawd ....

So ... if you had to leave the U.S. because of the coming new order, where would you go?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh ...

My ...

Gawd ....

So ... if you had to leave the U.S. because of the coming new order, where would you go?

My wife and I are seriously considering New Zealand. Better go before they make emigrating illegal. In the meantime, I suggest pulling all your money out of any banks and financial institutions, and burying it out in the forest somewhere...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Canada, eh?

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I posed the question here for those who wish to answer and explore.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
It appears I woke up this morning to find you guys have gone back in time.

He'll be repealing the Emancipation Proclamation soon.

And, guys, you can always come down here. Sure we've got one of George's cronies in office at the moment, but he'll probably be gone after October.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It appears I woke up this morning to find you guys have gone back in time.

He'll be repealing the Emancipation Proclamation soon.

And, guys, you can always come down here. Sure we've got one of George's cronies in office at the moment, but he'll probably be gone after October.

We've already looked into it. It's pretty tough for US people to emmigrate to Australia. New Zealand is easier. But then we can just jump on over for a visit!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Problem with Australia is, I can't bring my swords with me.
I like them. :(

But yeah, right now, there's a bunch of old dead guys who fought a war or 2 to create this country looking at each other in disbelief and doing the 18th century version of "WTF?"

Sadly, this is just another step towards the end. The average American is too lazy to do more than ***** about it, and as the security continues to ramp up, the chance of a real rebellion (which Jefferson, that traitorous bastard recommends) diminishes more. After all, what can a few disjointed groups of rednecks with shotguns do against trained US troops? Guys attacking the troops in Iraq have better gear than the average US citizen....and look how effective they are.

I'd like to see a million man march against the White House and congress, loudly calling for mass resignations and open elections. It'll never happen.
"Friends' is on.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Problem with Australia is, I can't bring my swords with me.
I like them. :(

But yeah, right now, there's a bunch of old dead guys who fought a war or 2 to create this country looking at each other in disbelief and doing the 18th century version of "WTF?"

Sadly, this is just another step towards the end. The average American is too lazy to do more than ***** about it, and as the security continues to ramp up, the chance of a real rebellion (which Jefferson, that traitorous bastard recommends) diminishes more. After all, what can a few disjointed groups of rednecks with shotguns do against trained US troops? Guys attacking the troops in Iraq have better gear than the average US citizen....and look how effective they are.

I'd like to see a million man march against the White House and congress, loudly calling for mass resignations and open elections. It'll never happen.
"Friends' is on.

Good point, and yeah, the swords are an issue for me as well.

Part of me thinks that the patriotic thing to do is stick around and try to be part of the solution somehow. The other part of me thinks it's gone too far and it's gonna all crumble and we ought to get out while we can and not get stuck with the check...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I wonder what is up. There was a court ruling a few years ago based upon abuse by the IRS to stop them from freezing assets and locking people out of houses without a court order.

So know it is ok.

Hmmmmm?!?

All I have to say is "WTF! Over. "

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I'd like to see the members and leaders of the armed forces wake up and take a step back and simply refuse to follow orders given by the lunatics at hand. They are powerless if nobody will cooperate with them.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it would take a major military mutiny right now to topple George.
I also don't think it'll happen.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
A few years ago Gore Vidal predicted that the US would become a third world country with a very good soccer team, much like Brazil. Is it possible that this is the beginning of a descent to that position?

It seems the Bush administration is determined to topple itself and alienate the rest of the world.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is, unfortunately, nothing new. In the past 10-15 years, a number of laws have been passed allowing the state to seize property without a criminal conviction, mostly in regards to drug cases. Even when the individual in question has been acquitted, it has proven difficult or impossible to get their property back. As in so many other things, the drug laws have created precedent for a further erosion of rights.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Doesn't this mean the 4th amendment?
Elections are next year (right?), or is Dubya going to tamper with that as well. He'll be out of office and hopefully the new chimp will get rid of exec order 13303.
Scary stuff to be sure. Talking about not doing anything to help Iraq or it'll be treason. Jeez.
Kinda makes you re-think all those 9-11 conspiracies doesn't it? That terrible day was a set up to enact the homeland security which in effect leads to this.
Constitutionally and by all rights afforded to us (Americans) by the same we have a DUTY to protest this new exec order.
What makes it even more scary is that whilst we are in acts of rebellion and the suppression of said rebellion(s) this country can be left wide open for anything.

Personally I'd love to go to New Zealand but can't afford it. So looks like I'm stuck here defending life liberty and pursuit of happiness. Well, that's okay too.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A few years ago Gore Vidal predicted that the US would become a third world country with a very good soccer team, much like Brazil. Is it possible that this is the beginning of a descent to that position?

It seems the Bush administration is determined to topple itself and alienate the rest of the world.

Maybe China and North Korea can get together and put sanctions against the USA for the Human Rights Violations. :(

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've taken a long break from posting in the study and its because of **** like this. I have nothing that is MT safe to say about this except that I just cannot believe that people keep hoping and hoping for a better outcome then the one that is so clear. People, if you are thinking about revolution, you need to beware so that you don't just jump on the latest bandwagon that leads to more of the same. They control both sides.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've avoided the study alot the last year or so. Too many headaches here for me...too busy to keep the battle going.

As I posted the original thread here, I recalled an old post of mine.
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39154

I got tired of being told my sources weren't reliable, were too far left or right, or biased. Too tired being called a traitor and disloyal by the blind.

This notice, which will be ignored by the mainstreme press, is right from the White House. No 'artsy-fartsy' local paper, no militant group, no peacenik assembly. Issued by the sitting president, and published on the official government website for all to read.

I love this country, and hope that November 2008 will see open and free elections and that January 2009 will see a new president sworn in, and the repealing of much of the draconian actions of the past years, and that a healing will begin. I hope that the elections will be held, that there is no controversy blemishing it, and that we can all look back at my comments here, and laugh, together.

I'm a dreamer.