Executive Order Quietly Overturns US Fifth Amendment

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bob, while there are dreamers there is hope.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Military Oath of Office

"I, {insert name here}, do solemnly swear, (or affirm), that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

One can't help but wonder what else Mr. Bush must do before he is more widely recognized as the ENEMY OF THE CONSTITUTION, that he is. Even today, I still get people accusing me of 'Bashing Bush'.

House Res. 333 are articles of impeachment against Richard Cheney, put forth by Congressman and Presidential Candidate Dennis Kucinich. They deserve support.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
As long as it means that the inept fools that failed to rebuild Iraq's infrastructure, and the fools who were busy losing forkliftfulls of US currency are now being slapped with this provision...

Monadnock

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
So, as I read this "Executive Order: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq", to me it means "Don't materially threaten stabilization efforts in Iraq." How many of us are doing that?

So let's say, theres a Mosque funneling money abroad to Iraq, and you are donating to the Mosque, that to me means you are all going to lose your stuff. Would that be an example?

I think executive orders almost always step on someone's toes, not that I am defending this one.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, as I read this "Executive Order: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq", to me it means "Don't materially threaten stabilization efforts in Iraq." How many of us are doing that?

So let's say, theres a Mosque funneling money abroad to Iraq, and you are donating to the Mosque, that to me means you are all going to lose your stuff. Would that be an example?

I think executive orders almost always step on someone's toes, not that I am defending this one.
It's very easy to justify supporting the enemy of someone I have learned to hate and fear. Terrorism has its name for a reason ... however, to use it as an excuse to destroy the very foundation of who we are is inexcusable.

If anyone here doesn't like their rights and would not fight for them, why the hell do you live here?

I'd like to humbly point everyone to this thread, where I re-typed a speech from John F. Kennedy regarding sacraficing our civil liberties and rights in the name of national security. It's not a new idea, it's not a new problem.

To keep our freedom, we have to get involved and stay involved. Tivo can wait, I assure you.

Monadnock

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
And another one today:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/07/20070720-4.html

Executive Order: Interpretation of the Geneva Conventions Common Article 3 as Applied to a Program of Detention and Interrogation Operated by the Central Intelligence Agency

"On February 7, 2002, I determined for the United States that members of al Qaeda, the Taliban, and associated forces are unlawful enemy combatants who are not entitled to the protections that the Third Geneva Convention provides to prisoners of war. I hereby reaffirm that determination."

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Translation: We'll use whatever means we feel like using, even if they would make Uday squirm due to their evilness.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
we have for many years been slowly loseing our rights granted to us by the constitution. They disappear a little at a time and usualy have to do with weapons but if you notice after 0-11 we created a posistion in the goverment and called the person running it a CZAR. The department he ran/runs was made to combat terroests but can actualy be used to spy on anyone and take action against anyone that the department feels it should. I see the new exec order adds a little more power to those in office and takes away even more of the rights of those of us that live in this country.

As has been said befor how can the majority of the people in this country sit idealy by and let this happen with out wondering "WTF"

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's in tatters, the framers are spinning, but it hasn't been completely outlawed yet. Hopefully, sanity will reign things in soon....but I'm not counting on it for a year or 3.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm hoping that, come 2008, we'll have a new administration and new regime.

I'm hoping that regime will spend the first years essentially saying "Look, guys. That stuff the last guys were doing was out of line. Here's what we're doing to fix it. Here's the other stuff we're doing to make sure it doesn't happen again. Seriously, bear with us. We're going to fix this."

I am, perhaps, optimistic. But that's the shoe I'm hoping is going to drop.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I won't be able to afford to leave before then (unless I win the lotto) so, gotta hope for the best myself.

Latest Discussions