The nine schools

Shizen

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could find any detailed info on the nine schools. I have only found a book written by Van Donk, (History of the schools of the bujinkan) if anyone has read this book how is it?

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could find any detailed info on the nine schools. I have only found a book written by Van Donk, (History of the schools of the bujinkan) if anyone has read this book how is it?

It is a pretty good book and if I am not incorrect it was written by Paul Richardson. It definatley is the most detailed work out there that I have found on the history of the ryu-ha of the Bujinkan.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It is a pretty good book and if I am not incorrect it was written by Paul Richardson. It definatley is the most detailed work out there that I have found on the history of the ryu-ha of the Bujinkan.

Is it still in print? I had heard it was no longer availible...

DWeidman

Blue Belt
Reaction score

FYI -

You can always wait for the English version of [SIZE=-1]Ninpô - Ninjustsu, l'ombre de la lumière[/SIZE] by Kacem Zoughari.

Toodles.

-DW

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My reccomendation is to get the book direct from Paul Richardson. There may be a second version availible someday with all the many mistakes in the first version corrected.

If you want the original version, mistakes and all, you merely have to go to the following site and you can get the bulk of what is in it for free.

http://business.fortunecity.com/johns/510/history.html

Write to Paul Richardson before you buy any book with his name on it. If you wait just a little while, you might get a much better product.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Don,

I hope that his second version is out soon. I would like to see the comparison and where he made his mistakes. Let us all hope that he
finishes soon and of course I'm sure we can all understand just how hard this project is.

paolo_italy

White Belt
Reaction score
FYI -

You can always wait for the English version of [SIZE=-1]Ninpô - Ninjustsu, l'ombre de la lumière[/SIZE] by Kacem Zoughari.

Toodles.

-DW

agree 101%
or one could try to understand french (like i did :) )
however, in the french version i don't remember detailed info on each ryuha. very accurate historical description of ninja and ninjutsu, indeed, but not focused on each of the 9 schools, IIRC.
bye,

paolo