The movie Battle:L.A. lies and more lies

SensibleManiac

Black Belt
Reaction score
When one is consistently attempting to pass BS as fact, then there should be no apology.

That's also why quotation marks come in handy, what needs to happen is for Bill to start using quotes effectively as well as being clearer in his writing which many times is confusing and doesn't make much sense. Then he needs to start seperating the facts from his opinions, distortions and rationalizations.

This isn't an attack on Bill, it's simply a standard that he should raise his posts to if he wants to be taken seriously on here.

And if he doesn't then he should just keep doing what he's doing.

I believe that Bill functions on the premise that if you can't beat em with brains, baffle em with BS.

Unfortunately that doesn't work for sensible discussions.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
HE IS QUOTING HE REVIEW, if you tyhink it is wrong, TAKE IT UP WITH THE PERSON THAT WROTE THE REVIEW

YOU called Bill a LIAR for posting a QUOTE

if you cant see how you owe him an apology, you need to seek help

That wasn't clear to me. If Bill refutes the point, then I will apologize.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ETA: It is never clear from Bill's posts what are his words and what comes from someone else, since he feels no need to use quotation marks consistently or indicate what is what. If he doesn't feel that way about Santa Monica, then he should make that clear.

If someone is plagiarizing and you have proof, you should report the post, include the evidence and let the staff handle the matter.

And, FWIW, the ignore feature works GREAT!

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here is an interesting review of the movie. I know it has been out now for what, two weeks, but this is a great take on the movie.

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/decent/2011/03/19/battle-los-angeles-go-see-this-movie/

From Bill Whittle, the reviewer:

Missing are all of the clichés we have come to expect from movies that depict our fighting men and women. There are no brooding loaners bemoaning the futility of war, no racist loud-mouth adrenaline junkies itching to kill anything they don’t understand, the troops aren’t victims of nefarious political posturing or trying to steal from the third-world…
Even the relationship between Aaron Eckhart’s battle-hardened Staff Sergeant Nash and the fresh-faced, just-out-of-school, naive Lieutenant is respectful and authentic. When the Lieutenant breaks down from his first exposure to the chaos of battle, there is no condescending moment of the wise-old enlisted man rising up to take command. Instead, Eckhart reminds the younger man of his responsibility, pulls him out of his own head, prompts him to make a decision, and then says “Yes sir.”​

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This film is sounding pretty good I have to say - a senior non-com doing what they have done for their junior officers for centuries ... I faint in disbelief to see it in a movie
:D.

Latest Discussions