The MartialTalk Advisory Board

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MartialTalk is one of the few communities to have an experienced board of advisors to assist in us in staying true to our core mission of preserving and promoting the arts.

This sub-forum is for our members to interact with them directly. Post your questions here, please be respectful and remember that many of our advisors are full time martial arts instructors so their time here is limited. Be patient as it may take a while to get a reply back.

Our current Advisory Board for 2008 consists of
- GrandMaster/Datu Tim Hartman - Filipino Martial Arts
- GrandMaster Rick Manglinong - Filipino Martial Arts
- Professor Bob White - Kenpo
- Professor Dennis Conatser - Kenpo
- Sabinum Terry Stoker - Korean Martial Arts
- Guro Rich Parsons - Filipino Martial Arts
- Kirk Lawson - Western Martial Arts

We will be adding a few more later this year.

Last edited:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hope we can assist the members of this site in their training and knowledge in the martial arts.

BBat50

White Belt
Reaction score
oops - wrong place...sorry

Last edited:

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No why would you think that?

Well if a person looked at the surface, this site seems to get along with multiple arts and styles and organizations.

The issue is that below the surface we have all agreed to behave socially in public and to get along because there is not organization that binds us besides the social contract of this site.

As to the initial question, I think the idea is a noble one, but I think my negativity or sarcasm on life will lead me to believe that it should not happen to avoid the issues and problems it would generate. i.e. who would be the first President, or the first CEO or Chairman of Grand Pooh Bah , you get my point.

I think having the site is great. I think the sharing is a good idea. But I do not see it moving towards an organization of its own.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree Rich and by the way instead of grand Poo Bah can I be King of post whores?

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Does anyone else wonder if MT has the rumblings of become an MA association down the road?

AoG
It depends on what you mean by association. A rank-awarding board, highly unlikely. A networking group, sure. Business training and motivational, possibly.

Part of our desire to have a solid board of advisors is to have as wide a range of experienced, qualified and respected martial artist helping us grow and expand.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It depends on what you mean by association. A rank-awarding board, highly unlikely. A networking group, sure. Business training and motivational, possibly.

Part of our desire to have a solid board of advisors is to have as wide a range of experienced, qualified and respected martial artist helping us grow and expand.

This is good. People working together with open minds. No Rank awarding or recognition association.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is good. People working together with open minds. No Rank awarding or recognition association.

I agree Rich, that is one of the main reason I have stayed with Martial Talk, so many people leaving ego's behind to engage in pleasant conversation.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree Rich, that is one of the main reason I have stayed with Martial Talk, so many people leaving ego's behind to engage in pleasant conversation.

The Meet and Greets which have occurred at Tim's Place in Buffalo and your Place in Dallas / Fort Worth Texas are prime examples of people working together and sharing.

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
MartialTalk is one of the few communities to have an experienced board of advisors to assist in us in staying true to our core mission of preserving and promoting the arts.

This sub-forum is for our members to interact with them directly. Post your questions here, please be respectful and remember that many of our advisors are full time martial arts instructors so their time here is limited. Be patient as it may take a while to get a reply back.

Our current Advisory Board for 2008 consists of
- GrandMaster/Datu Tim Hartman - Filipino Martial Arts
- GrandMaster Rick Manglinong - Filipino Martial Arts
- Professor Bob White - Kenpo
- Professor Dennis Conatser - Kenpo
- Sabinum Terry Stoker - Korean Martial Arts
- Guro Rich Parsons - Filipino Martial Arts
- Kirk Lawson - Western Martial Arts

We will be adding a few more later this year.

what kind of questions should be posted here as opposed to elsewhere on MT?

Respectfully,
marlon

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Questions specifically addressing the AB members. Right now, we're kinda fleshing out things a bit. :)

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score

I have shyed away from really getting involved with a ma association because I would only join one for networking. This site has completely filled my needs for networking and discussions, which is why I frequent it so often.

AoG

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have shyed away from really getting involved with a ma association because I would only join one for networking. This site has completely filled my needs for networking and discussions, which is why I frequent it so often.

AoG

Then become a supporting member and help keep this site going

Latest Discussions