The Martial Way

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are you there primarily for the Hapkido training? What is your style of Hapkido?

Hope you enjoy the training there and can let us know how the training is there.

OP
F

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are you there primarily for the Hapkido training? What is your style of Hapkido?

Hope you enjoy the training there and can let us know how the training is there.

Well, my base art is Hapkido but a round that out with BJJ, Take Kwon Do, and Muy Thai. While I respect the Art, I also try to be pragmatic and use what's useful, regardless of what art it comes from. GM Bell seems to follow a similar approach as my prior instructor, Master Costley. Both have lineage back to GM In Sun Seo of Work Kido Federation as a main Hapkido lineage (Master Costley through GM McMurray, GM Bell through GM Ian Sires). Both have real-worl application experience with their Martial Arts.

So philosophically, it seems a good match, or a good transition, for me

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting. I looked up In Sun Soe. Good to see another GM who isn't afraid to say when and where Hapkido started. I don't think Hapkido has to apologize to anyone for its beginnings. It is a good and practical art.

Latest Discussions