The Many Vacations of Dubya.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bester said:
Ya know, Reagan set a vacation record, had a reputation as a comedian, and was constantly ripped as a bufoon. I remember old SNL sketches about him that were less than flattering.

Who is to say that in 25 years, Dubya isn't remembered just as fondly?
Reagan vetoed things.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
JAMJTX said:
The President of the United States is NEVER on vacation. It is a 24/7 job no matter where he is.

If you want to talk about irresponsible use of recreation time, let's talk about the the time Bin Laden was pinned down and ready to be arrested on the approval of the President clinton. But billy boy was playing a round of golf and refused to take calls, once again letting Bin Laden continue in his war against the U.S.

Jim Mc Coy
Clinton is apparently "teflon man" when it comes to terrorism......

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
JAMJTX said:
The President of the United States is NEVER on vacation. It is a 24/7 job no matter where he is.

If you want to talk about irresponsible use of recreation time, let's talk about the the time Bin Laden was pinned down and ready to be arrested on the approval of the President clinton. But billy boy was playing a round of golf and refused to take calls, once again letting Bin Laden continue in his war against the U.S.

Jim Mc Coy
I'm wondering which time that was exactly?

You see, I've looked into the so-called-claims about Bin Laden being pinned down, and I can't seem to find any convincing evidence that it ever happened. It is a wonderful myth spun by the right-wing radio-talk-show crowd, then picked up by some of the 'liberal main stream media' ... and echoed as truth.

So, please, help me find this reference. What country was Bin Laden in? Who was the source for his location? What strike team was ready to capture him? What course was the President playing?

Seems to me, President Clinton was accused of 'wagging the dog' when he launched a missle strike against the terrorist camps in Afghanistan and Sudan in response to the African Embassy bombings. You all remember, something about trying to distract the country from Ken Starr's Independent Council Investigation ... what was it Starr turned up against Clinton again? Whitewater ... nope ... Vince Foster ... nope ... oral sex .... Stop the Presses.

Keep workin' the refs.

Latest Discussions