The Lost Techniques of Kenpo

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
while i'm not familiar with the lost techniques of kempo specifically, usually "lost techniques" really refers to techniques borrowed from other arts then attached to the style in question by way of a new, unverified history.

this is generally speaking, of course.

jf

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I see an empty thread when I click on the link. The title sounds dubious though.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The thread starts by the admin asking abut what techs were no longer included in the belt curriculum.

Intellectual Departure in Parker Kenpo comes to mind...droped from nearly all lines except for Mr. Planas'.

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hmm, I know that a friend of mine who trained in an offshoot of Parker Kenpo learned some techniques which he was told by his instructor used to be in the EPAK system but were removed. I think one was called "Crashing Cymbols" and was similar in nature to Obscure Sword.

I know that the Kenpo I learned was a hybrid of EPAK and TRACY's, but mostly EPAK, and it contained some techniques which I haven't seen taught in some EPAK schools, including the afformentioned Intellectual Departure.

I also know that in some independent Kenpo schools the instructors have created their own material, which future students may wonder as to the history of and could be thought of as some as "lost" techniques, when in fact they are new inventions.

-Rob

Latest Discussions