The Kenpo Lounge

Nobody

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for a reply kidswarrior an MJS and fnorfurfoot, not looking for a ring cause was thinking man no wonder Kenpo cost so much. The sword thing sounds even more expensive to me. I once looked in to kenpo like i said it cost way to much for me to attend, think around a 125 bucks a month for like four classes a week in Kansas City actually in the in Independance Mo. I have studied Tai Chi Chuan, Hsing Yi, Bagua and WIng Chung for around 20 some years. I choose not to take kenpo do to the high cost to me. That ring has to cost around 200 usd, the sword if a real functional 800 usd or better. Sword mean if not a wall hanger is very expensive. Thankyou for not flaming on me an totally forgot thte search thing first.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thank you for a reply kidswarrior an MJS and fnorfurfoot
You're very welcome! :)

I have studied Tai Chi Chuan, Hsing Yi, Bagua and WIng Chung for around 20 some years.
Sounds like you're in good shape for defending yourself. I've always wanted to take Hsing Yi and Bagua.

Thankyou for not flaming on me.

Why would anyone do that? You asked an honest question, and it deserves a response. :)

ChadWarner

Green Belt
Reaction score
Is there a simplified, watered-down version made for kids with less than 24? I understand that this is supposedly popular and comes with stripes.
Of course it is the 16- doh! Wait a minuite- I heard of a 5... But I am not at all sure that would quench a five year olds thirst. MIght get drunk before quenching thirst... Kenpo lite... no not for me. I'll just hang at the kids table and we'll have 154 gallons of chocolate millk. Actually it's ovaltine we need because it is fortified. So we'll also need a giant blender so the powder doesnt get stuck on the top of the glass, and I aint about stir all by my self.

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll just hang at the kids table and we'll have 154 gallons of chocolate millk. Actually it's ovaltine we need because it is fortified. So we'll also need a giant blender so the powder doesnt get stuck on the top of the glass, and I aint about stir all by my self.

Is that with or without the marlboroughs? LOL!

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You guys gave me such a complex I am quitting marlboro's- now its camels LOL

Hey, I just thought of a new drink idea....the chococamel. A creamy, thick chocolate drink, blended with the finest camel cigs. Topped with whipped cream, a cherry and a camel cig. straw to drink from!! MMM....I'm gettin' hungry! LMAO!!

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey, I just thought of a new drink idea....the chococamel. A creamy, thick chocolate drink, blended with the finest camel cigs. Topped with whipped cream, a cherry and a camel cig. straw to drink from!! MMM....I'm gettin' hungry! LMAO!!

You all know you're sick, right? Most company insurance programs now offer couseling as part of their services. :lol:

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You all know you're sick, right? Most company insurance programs now offer couseling as part of their services. :lol:

Sorry for the delayed reply...I was in the kitchen blending myself a beverage!! LOL! Just kidding!!! I love chocolate. In fact, I have a large jar of M&Ms, my favorite childhood candy, sitting next to me! :) Cigs however...well, thats something I stay away from. Besides blame Chad..afterall, he is the bartender! LOL!

Nobody

Green Belt
Reaction score
One last Lounge question is this.

I know Kenpo is a Chinese based system of martial arts an still have wonders why it is usually of by its self not just in the forums but even in the tournaments?

An thank you for the answer primitively.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Kenpo has roots in China and Japan, but was really formalized here in America. It's history, traditions and rituals are sort of unique...so it's off on its own as you pointed out.

Since we're mixing our booze and our baccy, how about you blend me up a cubano and rum?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Rum sounds good right about now, as I just got home from work :D

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Rum sounds good right about now, as I just got home from work :D

Come on, you know all good kempo folks drink...

Hawaiian punch!

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. Tip your waitress and try the veal.

ChadWarner

Green Belt
Reaction score
Come on, you know all good kempo folks drink...

Hawaiian punch!

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. Tip your waitress and try the veal.
HAHAHAAHA that was hilarious! Thanks to the other folks who played along with my madness--- It has been a tough couple of weeks.

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Matt,
How did the tournament go?

Hi -

I'm Back - the semester is over!

I spoke with Mr. Dwire, and it sounds like the tournament went spectacularly. I had to miss it - the end of the semester project crunch kept me prisoner that weekend. Thankfully everything is done except perhaps student teaching in the fall, so now I can turn my attention to other projects.

Hope all is well -now I've got a lot of posts to catch up on.

Matt

Latest Discussions