The Japanese Nightmare!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://budk.com/product.asp?pn=BK807

Bud K Catalog said:
Japanese Nightmare Sword

This massive warrior sword is the real thing! Offering a 27 1/2" 440 stainless steel blade. The smooth black handle is swimming in stainless studs accented with cast metal pommel and guard. Includes custom black sheath with cast metal throat and tip.

Sugg. Retail: $29.99
Somehow... I am willing to believe the name of this sword... I bet the Japanese DO have nightmares that their Katana has sunk this low...

:rolleyes:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
http://budk.com/product.asp?pn=BK807

Somehow... I am willing to believe the name of this sword... I bet the Japanese DO have nightmares that their Katana has sunk this low...

:rolleyes:
That is what I was thinking, it doesn't have the traditional katana blade shape, first impression was it is shaped more along the lines of a saber than anything else.
Admittedly however it is a nifty looking blade. The handle has a lot to be desired but then it's all up to the designer isn't it?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sure it's a completely functional combat unit. I mean, it's $30 and real 440 stainless, umm, thats a kwality sward right? :D

Eldritch Knight

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Oh god no... make it go away! They didn't call it a katana, which at least says something, but the mere fact that they tacked on "Japanese" for no apparent reason kinda threw me off.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Its times like this I regret selling my Katana.

<sigh>

Oh well. At least I have my authentic Ninja-to from the Franklin Mint.

There's a high Quality blade for ya.

And Incidently... I bought one of them swords from that media clip on Ebay for 2 bucks. I saw that clip and thought... "Gotta try that" and swung it at a 2x4...

The balsa wood handle literally disintigrated in my hand.

G

Genin Andrew

That honestly does look like a US cavalry saber without the stylish handguard and furnishings, that saya is ridiculous and dont get me started on those metal studs...gotta love it. Lucky its only $30 or there'd be tears rolling down my face.

Latest Discussions