Ninja-To

H

Hanzo04

hi. Does anybody know if there is a company that sells the original styling of the ninja sword with the curve in the blade? or do i have to go to Japan and talk to Dr. Hatsumi?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
I think you are looking for a fictional item, but if you post a picture of what you are looking for maybe someone could help you out.

Lamont

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hayes has them in his books, so I am sure they exist somewhere...

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Traditionally...there was no such grranimal. Ninja sword with a curve?..I'm thinking Katana.

If you want the mov-jutsu version of a Ninjer-Toe,you could try Kris Cutlery,I think I saw one on the Cold Steel site as well.

takezo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hanzo04 said:
hi. Does anybody know if there is a company that sells the original styling of the ninja sword with the curve in the blade? or do i have to go to Japan and talk to Dr. Hatsumi?
You might try these guys. They have something called a "Ninpo Version" (curved 23 inch blade) in the Kuro Kage lineup. As far as authenticity... I'll pass.

http://www.j-armory.com/FYKuro.html

OP
H

Hanzo04

Thanks a lot Takezo. This is exactly what i was looking for. think that they are actually of good quality. It's not like i'm gonna stab somebody anyway.

takezo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hanzo04 said:
Thanks a lot Takezo.
You are welcome.
... think that they are actually of good quality
If that's a question I don't know. Based on the website warrranty policy I would guess they are being supplied by Last Legend.
... It's not like i'm gonna stab somebody anyway.
That's reassuring. However, if you are not training in and 'established' sword school and are just interested in a cool ninja sword save yourself $10 and buy the spring tempered version. The spring temper has a much lower sensitivity to cracking or chipping and you are much less apt to carve new body cavity openings on yourself or someone else. Either, being high carbon steel, will require the same degree of maintenance (Periodic cleaning and light oiling. Look for a sword cleaning kit and insructions).

... and you will probably have to be a least 18 years old to buy one.

OP
G

Genin Andrew

Heya guys, i've been saving to get myself a new good quality sword, at this stage i'm leaning towards a www.liveblade.com sword, and i'm also impressed with www.kriscutlery.com swords and heard good reviews over at www.swordforum.com

Just wondering if anyone owns a furuyama blade and what there like, looks,feel/balance,quality,training,test cutting etc..

any reviews would be appreciated.

OP
G

Genin Andrew

Thanks for that Takezo, thats helpful enough.

Cyber Ninja

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hanzo04 said:
Seems Hanzo's account was closed. If anyone else is interested, Dick Severance sells Ninja-to on his site. Check him out. Let me know what you think.
www.n-i-n.com

Latest Discussions