The Dobuk.....

• Thread starter Master of Blades
  • Start date
M

Master of Blades

Does anyone wear these outside of the Dojo, Dojang or whatever you call it. Im just sitting here right now in my Dobuk admiring my brand new blue belt. I do tend to use the trousers when Im short of Tracksuits. And it is kinda fun to lounge around in it when you're bored :p But what about you guys? Or Im a sad loner.....Dont answer that :shrug:

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hey M.O.B., congrats on your shiny new belt. Keep up the good work!

As far as my dobok goes, even though it is very confortable and all, I guess I could use it as pajamas :uhyeah:
But, to your question, no I only wear my PJs to the dajang, that's about it. Come to think about it, I might just start wearing my uni to lounge around in when I'm at home... :wink:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I only wear my gi in class only. Nothing outisde of the class unless I'm in a demo. some where. I have a pet peve when people wear their full uniform into say a store or something. At least take the belt off before you go into the local grocery store:rolleyes:. That's just my opinion.

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
When I have friend over of the *female* variety they enjoy them for PJ bottoms, specialy if you warm up up in the dryer for fifteen minutes. So do I. Nothing like warm Gi/Dobak pants to keep you warm. Sometimes when I'm to tired to change after class I'll wear em to bed. And if I'm in a rather chipper mood I'll wear thema round, bottoms only. I find my Gi and Dobak tops are not condusive to wear around town, I'll take a T-shirt anyday.

OP
Q

Quick Sand

When I get a new belt I tend to wear it around the house for a while just to help break it in so that it doesn't constantly come undone when I'm in class. ( I too, just got a new color. :D)

I don't ever really wear the top from my uniform but I'll often where the pants from my old one when I'm around the house studying and stuff like that. I don't usually wear the pants from my current uniform but I used to do a different style and we wore different coloured gi's that I can't were to class now so they're perfect.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Hmmmm........I enjoy wearing my Dobuk to school but occasionally it is not pratical. Specially at the point when I first started and I didnt wash my dobuk for a year..........:rolleyes:

OP
E

Elfan

I know a few people who wear the pants ouside because they say they are comfy like pjs. And no they arn't all girls.

I never wear any of my uniform why I'm not training/at a school though.

thesensei

Green Belt
Reaction score
I absolutely love my gi/dobak (have both). if i could, I'd wear it all the time! But I can't... :-( i wear the pants around the house and for recreation. Occasionally, i'll stop by the grocery store on my way home from class in my uniform, but I always take off my belt - I think that's very tacky.
Just my .02

JB

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I wear my dobok as PJ's :D I switched back to night classes, so when I get home, I don't bother changing. I just take my belt off, and go to bed. There were times that I was soooooo tired after class, I just flopped on the couch, and fell asleep in my dobok, belt and all (sheesh I'm lazy LOL).

I also have my old doboks from my TSD school and I wear the pants around the house all the time. The top's are the wrap-around ones, not as comfy as my TKD top. So I just wear the pants and a t-shirt.

I don't change at the dojang (too many eyes .... eeekkkkk). I usually go to the dojang already in my dobok. If I have to go to the store after class, I either take my belt off (summer) or wear a long shirt (winter).

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"I don't change at the dojang (too many eyes .... eeekkkkk)."

What the frik, you have co-ed changerooms?

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades

Hmmmm........I enjoy wearing my Dobuk to school but occasionally it is not pratical. Specially at the point when I first started and I didnt wash my dobuk for a year..........:rolleyes:

YIKES! A whole year? Really? Just the thought frightens me :anic:

Also, about wearing my dobok, there are times after I leave the dojang that I need to stop off at the market. IMHO it is kind of arrogant to march into the store in full MA garb, belt and all. So I'll just strip off the top of my uni and my belt, and throw on a sweat shirt before going in. When the store's customers see me they must think that I just rolled out of bed and went to the store in my PJs... :rolleyes:

OP
M

Master of Blades

Lol......Its true a whole year.......Cuz its a black Dobuk you could see all the dry sweat patches and the back was a differant colour from the rest. My dad/teacher made me wash it :D

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Damian Mavis wrote:

"What the frik, you have co-ed changerooms?"

No. Is there anything wrong with a girl wanting her privacy when changing or taking a pee without other women staring at her?

There isn't "changing rooms" in our dojang. It's basically a bathroom with no stalls. It's as big as a household bathroom. Small one at that.

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well going to the bathroom is a little different but why would those women be staring at you while you change? People do that? I don't know, in the male world we deliberately AVOID looking at eachother when changing in the changeroom haha. Guess things are different for women. Didn't mean to offend, just didn't understand your concerns as I have never heard of people being shy around the same sex before.... besides the whole trying not to look at eachothers nakedness in the mens changeroom at all costs heh.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

OP
K

Kirk

A guy in my school owns one guy that has no patches on it at
all. He was in the locker room the other day and he said that
after class he stopped by the grocery store for a few things, and
took off his belt. So he was in a black gi, no patches. He said
he got compliments from people. The female cashier flirted with
him, and said "I love your outfit". Maybe he's starting new trend?
:rofl:

Latest Discussions