My First BJJ Class: Results inside...

OP
C

CrankyDragon

Sorry I havent posted in a while guys, Ive been on a MA vacation due to $$$, or the lack thereof.

Im thinking of approching the instructor and see if there are some chores I can do to help offset the cost of monthly class. Ends up, we were on the same rescue squad together back in 85-86. I already lease a server, Im going to propose maybe building a compleate web site with video and pictures, and of course text. :) The one they have now doesnt even have it's own domain, and its very attractive.

I hope to get into the dojo/school soon, Im really missing taking an art. Sigh.

Andrew

Eternal Beginner

Brown Belt
Reaction score
CrankyDragon said:
Sorry I havent posted in a while guys, Ive been on a MA vacation due to $$$, or the lack thereof.

Im thinking of approching the instructor and see if there are some chores I can do to help offset the cost of monthly class. Ends up, we were on the same rescue squad together back in 85-86. I already lease a server, Im going to propose maybe building a compleate web site with video and pictures, and of course text. :) The one they have now doesnt even have it's own domain, and its very attractive.

I hope to get into the dojo/school soon, Im really missing taking an art. Sigh.

Andrew

Sounds like a great idea. I know my BJJ instructor has a similar deal with a couple of guys for the cleaning and to help as assistant instructors. I hope it works out for you.

ARNIS

White Belt
Reaction score
Yeah my first class was an awakening. I already had a black belt in Judo but I had a very difficult time with many of the beginners.

The best thing I have come to realize about anything that requires constant practice, you are only a beginner once.

Hang in there BJJ is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Good Luck

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I used a few trix from Aikido experience and was able to throw him a few times(As a beginner, we started from the kneeling). I got the upper hand with him a time or two, which felt good cause hes been taking BJJ for just a little while.

You'll see a lot of Aiki principles in jiu-jitsu. Its pretty cool. esp. Suwari Waza.

One thing that seems odd is the grappling sessions. did you guys do any technique? or just spar?

peace

Latest Discussions