The Baddest Art on Earth

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
As I mentioned, I used to go to one form or another of baton courses, DT courses, crowd control courses, all kinds of damn courses. And as I said, any time you give me a company car, an expense account and a week to go play "control a guy", I'm all for it. Sure as heck beats a regular week on the job.

I took that PPCT course from Bruce Siddle, the guy who designed it. And as I also said before, it made me think "I should get in on this racket."

And you know how you get a feel for a guy who you know couldn't control you even if you gave him the upper hand to begin with? That's how I felt with a lot of these courses. The following year I went to another PPCT course for recertification, taught by a gentleman from Louisiana, a State Trooper by the name of Aubrey Futrell. Ask @CB Jones about Aubrey, he knows him. It was like night and day.

Aubrey was the kind of guy you only need two things to fight him. A handgun and a rifle. That way if you miss with the rifle you can use the handgun on yourself.

I've concluded that not all of these courses, even the same named ones, are equal.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I went to another PPCT course for recertification, taught by a gentleman from Louisiana, a State Trooper by the name of Aubrey Futrell. Ask @CB Jones about Aubrey, he knows him. It was like night and day.

Aubrey was the kind of guy you only need two things to fight him. A handgun and a rifle. That way if you miss with the rifle you can use the handgun on yourself.

Aubrey was tough and had a lot of experience going hands on with suspects. His nickname "Bulldog" fit him well.

It was also important to him that his students were given good tools to make sure they go home every night.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Aubrey was tough and had a lot of experience going hands on with suspects. His nickname "Bulldog" fit him well.

It was also important to him that his students were given good tools to make sure they go home every night.

He’s a good man. Fun to train with, too. As long as us Yankees don’t pronounce Louisiana with no “wheezy” in it.

Latest Discussions