The .600 Overkill

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Several thoughts....

In honor of this thread, I just took the last of the venison out of the freezer. Going to grill it this time, rather than make stew.

I don't like killing game, but I love eating the game my friends give me.

Vegan - old Cherokee Indian word meaning "lousy hunter"

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like killing game, but I love eating the game my friends give me.

and that's my point.
No one should like or enjoy killing. if it has to be done it should be done but to enjoy the act of killing is very wrong.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
and that's my point.
No one should like or enjoy killing. if it has to be done it should be done but to enjoy the act of killing is very wrong.

There you go again. Implying that ALL hunters are doing something wrong unless they hunt for subsistence reasons ("if it HAS to be done"). I don't NEED to hunt to feed my family, I hunt because I enjoy hunting. The killing of the game is only one aspect of hunting. In the end, what is the ultimate difference between my killing my own meat or going to the store to buy it? Besides your your judgmental attitude regarding what I may feel while acquiring my food?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There you go again. Implying that ALL hunters are doing something wrong unless they hunt for subsistence reasons ("if it HAS to be done"). I don't NEED to hunt to feed my family, I hunt because I enjoy hunting. The killing of the game is only one aspect of hunting. In the end, what is the ultimate difference between my killing my own meat or going to the store to buy it? Besides your your judgmental attitude regarding what I may feel while acquiring my food?

Good grief, you haven't understood a word have you? The implication is entirely in your mind not mine, I never imply, I always state exactly what I think. You have absolutely no idea have you of what I'm saying.

I'm not sure why you are taking this personally, you seem to think I'm getting at you. I assume you have little idea of the way many hunts are enacted in other countries. It's not all about you.

Hundreds of wild animals to be slaughtered in Limpopo, South Africa
“They have built platforms that line the bush for the hunters to stand on and have employed locals to walk in a straight line beating metal drums to chase the animals into the slaughter strip.

“The hunters then take pot shots at the animals. The animals have no chance of evading the onslaught and the hunters have no way of ensuring a clean shot or a humane death.

“From past hunts like these we have seen that much of the kill can’t be eaten or used as trophies because the dead animals are so full of bullets.”

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tez

We will agree to disagree then.

You aren't agreeing with me nor disagreeing because you are talking about something I'm not. You are having a completely different conversation to me.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
You aren't agreeing with me nor disagreeing because you are talking about something I'm not. You are having a completely different conversation to me.

Ok in that case......Let me end it with....I no longer give a hill of beans about your opinion on this subject and I'm done discussing it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok in that case......Let me end it with....I no longer give a hill of beans about your opinion on this subject and I'm done discussing it.

That's fine as you don't actually know what my opinion is, having massively misunderstood my posts from the beginning. You have been defending something I haven't attacked.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Here is a man hunting a refrigerator. Oh, sure, sounds easy. And don't let that door hit you on the way in. No, really don't let it hit you.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here is a man hunting a refrigerator. Oh, sure, sounds easy. And don't let that door hit you on the way in. No, really don't let it hit you.

That's awesome. That's why I don't mess with tannerite...I'm way too unlucky.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's fine as you don't actually know what my opinion is, having massively misunderstood my posts from the beginning. You have been defending something I haven't attacked.

When multiple people seem to be misunderstanding your point I would think you would realize something....

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
and that's my point.

Why?

Even people who hunt for food seem to enjoy the process. Or they wouldn't do it.

From a modern you can always just buy your food at the supermarket perspective.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When multiple people seem to be misunderstanding your point I would think you would realize something....

Yes of course, 'multiple' people... not. :D:D:D:D The OP in his first post, posted an image of a weapon used for killing very large animals such as elephants so the conversation was based around the shooting for fun such large animals. Simple.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you are gonna go big.....you might as well go real big....700 Nitro

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She didn't say enjoy hunting, she said enjoy killing. Big difference.

Exactly, but being so willing to take offense when none was offered meant that it was not read properly.